Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Seen a video of the goal and the celebration.. not taking the piss but Hillsborough is known specifically for a tragic incident it’s not entirely great to see fans falling onto the pitch after an advertising hoarding collapsed because the fans celebrating behind it you’d have thought they’d have better safety measures especially because of the history at that stadium

"For one day, S6 will surely have the best part of the football world behind it. There is very little neutrality about Sheffield Wednesday versus Aston Villa in the nation’s consciousness.

It’s because the majority of decent souls like to believe in the principles of “what goes around comes around” and the good guy winning in the end.

Steve Bruce IS a good guy, as anyone who knows him will tell you. Both as a man and a (highly successful) manager, he was wholly undeserving of the shameful abuse that saw him hounded out of Villa Park in October."

http://bit.ly/2UtPPrJ

:blah::blah::blah:

He who laughs last, laughs oh so loud ?

Adomah, to be pushed out to Middlesbrough, the critical goal.

I loved Albert's celebration after he scored - he was hobbling along holding his back trying to make out he was too old. Nice one Albert.
That goal could be the one that get's us to the playoffs. I know Tammy scored afterwards but without the 2nd goal we might not have had that momentum :)

I have a question, if Matija Sarkic is on loan then how was he on the bench for us?
Non league loan (apparently) with only one appearance.

So A:

It was emergency (week spell) and he's now back.

B:

It's been classed as a youth loan dealio, which guarantees he can return for U23 action and presumably first team action as it wouldn't bring the leagues into disrepute in the same way it could be argued if he was in L2.

My guess is option A, as he played for Havant the day after he was loaned, but that was back in March.

Not the only one SSV.

I'm convinced it's option A as I've known plenty of kids come back from loan (prof & non league clubs) for U23 action, but never seen anyone named on the senior bench. But I know of vague differences between prof level and non league level when it comes to the laws and rules purely because they aren't classed as professional opposition.

Not the only one SSV.

I'm convinced it's option A as I've known plenty of kids come back from loan (prof & non league clubs) for U23 action, but never seen anyone named on the senior bench. But I know of vague differences between prof level and non league level when it comes to the laws and rules purely because they aren't classed as professional opposition.

Yeah, still nice to see him even been considered, has the makings to be a very good keeper in the future.

Yeah, still nice to see him even been considered, has the makings to be a very good keeper in the future.
Long been highly rated but we've seen keepers fall away before. Could still do with a good season out in my humble at L2 level, but unless Bunn has an injury I'm not aware of (Kalinic was supposed to be fit as well), does speak volumes.