Manchester City 7 - 0 Schalke - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 4 | Vital Football

Manchester City 7 - 0 Schalke - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Goodness only knows. They have hot to get slicker and quicker at it. If it comes down to millimetres, the length of a stud or how knobbly the striker's knee cap is they have lost the plot.

I was watching on Virgin Media Ireland and they were trying to convince everyone at half time that it was offside, their producers drew their own offside line on the still to illustrate Sterling was half a yard offside, they said, no word of a lie, "we've out varred var".

I'm sorry now that I didn't take a pic of their line because it looked crooked. You couldn't make it up.

They’re all rags in Ireland, aren’t they BD? (present company excepted of course).

Yep, either rags or dippers in the main. My family and outlaws are all Liverpool, awkward.

What really boiled my piss on this last night was that it was Niall Quinn that was most vocal about it being offside.

I was watching on Virgin Media Ireland and they were trying to convince everyone at half time that it was offside, their producers drew their own offside line on the still to illustrate Sterling was half a yard offside, they said, no word of a lie, "we've out varred var".

I'm sorry now that I didn't take a pic of their line because it looked crooked. You couldn't make it up.

My main beef with those sorts of decisions is they are fractional - we are literally talking about millimetres which in reality hardly amounts to a massive advantage. It really ought to be more substantive to be called for offside. In days gone by there was always a reference to giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker.

In respect of the Virgin Ireland view in matters I am betting they didn't think the interference with Bernardo which led to the penalty was a foul either?

My main beef with those sorts of decisions is they are fractional - we are literally talking about millimetres which in reality hardly amounts to a massive advantage. It really ought to be more substantive to be called for offside. In days gone by there was always a reference to giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker.

In respect of the Virgin Ireland view in matters I am betting they didn't think the interference with Bernardo which led to the penalty was a foul either?

"soft, very soft" absolutely no acknowledgement that the defender made no attempt to play the ball.

"soft, very soft" absolutely no acknowledgement that the defender made no attempt to play the ball.

Let's run the tape if that is a Bayern Munich player on Salah tonight....... "nailed on penalty, the defender's not even looking at the ball. Clearly impeded his opponent. Stonewall penalty"......

Oh, and great avatar of you and one of your little'un!
:cheers:

The scarf he's wearing in that pic was mine, I got it from my uncle (when I was a kid) who claims it was put around his neck by one of the players during the celebrations at Wembley when we won the League Cup in '76.

Hopefully it passes down another generation in the future.

The scarf he's wearing in that pic was mine, I got it from my uncle (when I was a kid) who claims it was put around his neck by one of the players during the celebrations at Wembley when we won the League Cup in '76.

Wow, over 40 years old.
Yes, take care of it for him in the meantime, you know what kids are like!
:grinning:

Fantastic stuff. The next generation is in good hands :thumbup:

I was there too, but not my first time with City, great Avitar BD

Thanks Bart, something I've looked forward to doing from the moment he was born and delighted to say he loved it. :thumbup:

Part of our fatherly responsibility.....ensuring that our love if the club lives on in the next generation. I managed it with two out of my three boys, the middle one supports our local league club which is absolutely fine with me.

Great job BD - hope he had a Fab time.