Match Thread: Aston Villa v Derby County, Sat 2nd March, 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Derby County, Sat 2nd March, 3pm

Glenn Whelan man of the match for me, he has got better with every game since he came on as sub and turned the game against Sheffield Utd.

Grealish is an absolute star and watching that goal go in from my position, dead centre back of the lower North, was an absolute pleasure.

Carrol looked lively and Hause and Mings are quality. So perhaps we have got the recruitment policy going finally.

It has been a great day at Villa Park.

I put 80 quid at 50/1 on us getting promoted this morning. Keep the faith.

Fantastic result and performance, started the game well which was huge.

When they move the ball that quick we look a really good team.

Didn't enjoy that, really poor football, no cohesion, no shots on target... still, enough about Derby County!

Unbelievable difference today eh? Derby were poor, fine, but we didn't half destroy them.

Find it difficult to comprehend that some of our players can only play when Grealish is on the pitch but hey, that's to their embarrassment not mind.

Thought Whelan was outstanding and the class touches from Jack really did help change the score. The first pass to lead to our first goal was lovely. And his goal, wow!

Terrific performance. I was telling anyone that was prepared to listen that I saw signs of it in the second half last week , and we carried on from there only with more quality in the final third. Won every second ball and a few balls that we had no right to as well. When you have someone as naturally gifted as Super Jack then a 3 month layoff is nothing and more or less every pass he makes is a forward one which speeds our play up no end a frees the other players up.

Great goal by him , but my favourite was Tammy's. One end of the pitch to the other without the ball leaving the floor and all done with 4 passes.

A performance we've been waiting for, dominant from start to finish. Great team performance, everyone, other than Steer who literally had nothing to do, superb. A quick shout for the much maligned Glen Whelan, thought he was outstanding today. Only disappointment was the injury to Elphick which pretty much sums up our luck with bloody injuries...and just as we're starting to look more solid at the back. After saying that Hause is looking better with every game and I'm sure he'll relish playing in his preferred position next week. Small Heath......we're coming to get you...!!

I hate to hark back into history but I remember us having a similar spate of injuries under Saunders in the early days.
But the next season..........!!!