Match Thread: Aston Villa v Derby County, Sat 2nd March, 3pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Derby County, Sat 2nd March, 3pm

That will do nicely for the team's confidence and points in the league.

Shame about Tommy getting stretchered off..........Hope it's not serious?

With Elphick injured it gives a head ache but let's not forget that it was Smith who brought in Mings and Hause as cover in the defence and both seem to be doing OK now.
With Jack and the rest showing some form, it will be a good time to play the Scum.
No goals in the 2nd half?? Just not good enough!!!

No goals in the second half!!! Smith out, Hourihane should never play for villa again. Terry is a cockney Slaaag, Doris hasn’t been given sufficient time to get up to speed since her injury caused by the tea trolley accident, Xia was the messiah, wish NON had come back, all hail Gary Monk.... think that might just about cover things.

Ok one swallow does not a summer make but I will bask in the glory of a hammering for MEDIA darling “Fat Franks Derby County” for a few days

Nice to see every player putting in a shift, shame no second half goals but meh, 3 points and a clean sheet that were very much needed, for confidence alone if nothing else. UTV

Still only 6 points off the playoffs but have to play most of those around us.

If we put a decent run together from now until
the end of the season we could sneak it but it will be very tough.
Still have Blues, Forest, Blackburn, Boro, Bristol City, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Norwich all who are either around us or in the promotion picture.

Recently got back from Fortress Finstall.

At half time, I heard some guys saying 4-0. I thought they were talking about the tesco bags from last night. Then I heard Villa....... I thought, 'Oh shit!'

Then I saw a guy checking the half times on his phone, I asked him, Villa 4-0 at half time........ I almost bloody fainted!

Last edited:
A good all round performance. Jack followed the script perfectly and nobody to moan about at all.
Hause impresses me more each time I see him. In last 15 minutes we had two footballers at centre half. Mings is a natural leader and was composed all through the game.
And that goal!!!!!!