Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

Let's judge DS after the summer. There are things that worry me - the predictable team selections, a system that doesn't work with the personnel, a style of play the players on the pitch can't make work without Jack.

DS is obviously persisting with this 4-5-1/4-3-3 whatever you want to call it and needs to pretty quickly in the summer get the right players in to make it work.

It all feels so rigid again, when DS came in it was fluid and there were two or three options looking for the ball - now it's a hoof down field to a lone striker.

Nothing to say except Brentford outplayed us. We'll done the Bees!

Everything else has already been said somewhere on this website. God only knows why people want to own a football club.

Goodnight gents and chin-up, Tesco Bags Saturday ?

And we will get thrashed

Whelan, jedinak, hutton, Taylor and hourianne are simply not good enough. Season is finished as we will never win enough games to reach the play offs. Its our third season in this division after spending a few Bob and we are no better than when de matteo rocked up, quite an achievement in itself.

Which means we would be cannon fodder in the Prem. So maybe what's happening is in the same vein as the summer - a blessing in disguise. I would trust DS and the current hierarchy to perform much better this summer.

That's the solace I take from all these defeats. I hope DS is trying to find out who is up for it - I would like to see the likes of Davis given a chance, if promotion is out of reach why not give him a go?

Smith moaning at the ref not giving a pen. It wasn't a pen. But the El Ghazi on Brentford player was.

Says we've not got the decisions at all this season. Hmmm.

Anyone else think we are cheating more recently? Our players are taking far more (and some embarrassing) dives in my humble.

I want all the excitement of trying to get up without actually getting up.
We’d be mullered every week.

We’re simply not good enough.
Bed in new players for the next 12 or so weeks and hit the ground running in the summer and come August I’d like to see us hit the ground running.

Currently, we’re a mess. It won’t last forever.

Brentford got the break. It happens. Move on.

Don't get me wrong. They're a cracking side playing high intensity football and very, very well organised. As they've proved to us in the past.

However, I don't get the poor defence claims. We were set up to neutralise them and by and large we did it pretty well. We could have nicked it. I think our players sweated their guts out.

We are where we are. Me, I'm looking forwards to the next match.

Had some good chances well 2 should have scored both. But come on Dean we were 2nd best all game.
It would have been a proper smash and grab even for the draw. Even more so than the last game.
Things are going backward

Can’t really agree with Smith when he says our chances warranted something from the game. We were crap. We were outplayed. We deserved nothing.

Although I do agree that the refs have been pathetic this season.

Brentford got the break. It happens. Move on.

Don't get me wrong. They're a cracking side playing high intensity football and very, very well organised. As they've proved to us in the past.

However, I don't get the poor defence claims. We were set up to neutralise them and by and large we did it pretty well. We could have nicked it. I think our players sweated their guts out.

We are where we are. Me, I'm looking forwards to the next match.

Not looking forward to playing the baggies. They are a much better team than Brentford.
It could be very embarrassing

Can’t really agree with Smith when he says our chances warranted something from the game. We were crap. We were outplayed. We deserved nothing.

Although I do agree that the refs have been pathetic this season.

Stats show it.
Less possesion
Less shots
Less touches in oppo’s box

Whelan, jedinak, hutton, Taylor and hourianne are simply not good enough. Season is finished as we will never win enough games to reach the play offs. Its our third season in this division after spending a few Bob and we are no better than when de matteo rocked up, quite an achievement in itself.
You can add to that Elphick, Adomah, El Ghazi, and on that performance Hause as well who looked like a donkey I’m afraid. If he is useless and add on the Carroll loan - what has changed? I like the look of Mings, Kalinic might be ok but it doesn’t augur well at all.

I'm not backing anything, but having a pop about an injured player who was signed over 3 years ago by completely different owners and management is not especially helpful or relevant.
Your right.

But yet again the chosen manager has retreated to awful football, picking ****** players, playing god awful football and basically bottling it. Totally, utterly embarrassing