Rotherham | Page 5 | Vital Football

Rotherham

Great post match FM Cook again - "lucky not to lose" "couldn't get them off us" "any team would have struggled"
No they wouldn't Paul it's Rotherham FFS not Real Madrid.
Assuming we had watched Rotherham and planned not to give away corners or other set pieces ? and tried to out football rather than out hoofball them.
It's a great point to gain but we don't half make things difficult for ourselves.

It was almost a privilege to be at the game today. In 34 years of attending live football I can't recall watching such shite at this level of the sport. Both teams were diabolical and the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck. Why we felt the need to emulate them and play to their strengths I have no idea, it must have been like a regular training session for their centre halves. It does nothing to quell the concerns about Cooks tactical ineptitude away from home at this level.

There wasn't much to get enthused about other than it's a better point for us than it it is them. Absolute garbage overall and that's being generous.

Not a bad result when we didn't play to well.
At least we took a point, which is something we haven't been doing away from home.
Rotherham have a fairly decent record against teams around then at home and some a bit higher. They have drawn a lot against these teams.

Lets hope the Fox injury isn't to bad and he is available for Wednesday, he does seem to organise our defence better.
Was hoping for a win but will take a draw, at least we came back from a goal down and Windass is scoring regularly now he has had a run in the team

It was almost a privilege to be at the game today. In 34 years of attending live football I can't recall watching such shite at this level of the sport. Both teams were diabolical and the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck. Why we felt the need to emulate them and play to their strengths I have no idea, it must have been like a regular training session for their centre halves. It does nothing to quell the concerns about Cooks tactical ineptitude away from home at this level.

There wasn't much to get enthused about other than it's a better point for us than it it is them. Absolute garbage overall and that's being generous.
It definately wasn't a classic, but I think you are having elective memory issues if you believe it was the worst game you have seen in 34 years.
There were a lot worse even 2 years ago that we watched

It definately wasn't a classic, but I think you are having elective memory issues if you believe it was the worst game you have seen in 34 years.
There were a lot worse even 2 years ago that we watched

From the perspective of both teams Kenny - both were absolutely diabolical, though granted they were better at it than us. It must have been like a tony pulls wet dream.

I will never call Martinez/Caldwell style of football again after enduring that utter horseshit masquerading as a football today.
Rotherham were garbage,and Cooks tactics today we're obviously to be just as garbage, adopting their hoof ball style made for 90 minutes of total dross .
Made Warren Joyce's style of play look like Barcelona in their pomp .
Fuck me Cook,get a grip .

Poor game today, were outplayed until the last 10-15 minutes but a nice point away from home, Rotherham should feel robbed.

Almost everyone was mediocre in my opinion, poor defending for their goal, Jones was decent and probably motm which speaks volumes. Good goal from Windass, hope these last 2 games are helping him boost his confidence a little. Jacobs was decent too, James not his best but still one of our top performers. Hate to say it because Naismith does get some unfair treatment, particularly on here, but today he was shocking.

It is frustrating as this is 1 of our last 2 (on paper) 'easiest' away games left with Reading being the final one and could have been 9 points clear. Only seen us get 3 points away and thats half our total away points, now I don't want to go to away games anymore until next season (except Blackburn, maybe).

I will never call Martinez/Caldwell style of football again after enduring that utter horseshit masquerading as a football today.
Rotherham were garbage,and Cooks tactics today we're obviously to be just as garbage, adopting their hoof ball style made for 90 minutes of total dross .
Made Warren Joyce's style of play look like Barcelona in their pomp .
Fuck me Cook,get a grip .
Sad really as we had a footballing line up. Is it just a case of just don't lose now and clod the footballing principals out of the window?

Some folk listen to Cook and think every thing is good Its just a good job this season we have Bolton and Ipswich bellow us Always thought it is between us and Rotherham for the last spot So today it was a must not lose game
What about Reading? Being a bit selective again

Another sniping comment, it's a thing eh ?
Maybe you would like to share some original thoughts or points once in a while so others could take a turn popping off a smug retort ?
like i said what did Cook say on wed .....We Play the same at home as away does it realy look like it

Naismith got ripped in the first half by Taylor, little winger previously on our books.
Managed better second half.
It wasnt much of a game with constant hoof ball niggley fouls and pedantic ref.
They missed a sitter but was an evenly matched game. Fox injury was a set back after a decent start from him and the linesman didn't have a clue what to do with his flag.
Clarke looked a bit more dangerous that our other strikers have been.
Disappointed in Pilkington and the everton lad.
They will still finish below us.

Naismith got ripped in the first half by Taylor, little winger previously on our books.
They missed a sitter but was an evenly matched game. Fox injury was a set back after a decent start from him and the linesman didn't have a clue what to do with his flag.

Out of interest, why did you think Baningime was a disappointment? It seems there's a consensus developing here but I thought he was all right.

I think Naismith can play when put in the correct position. I thought he looked good going forward today but out of depth when he had to defend. I think there's a Championship level winger in there though.

Great post match FM Cook again - "lucky not to lose" "couldn't get them off us" "any team would have struggled"
No they wouldn't Paul it's Rotherham FFS not Real Madrid.
Assuming we had watched Rotherham and planned not to give away corners or other set pieces ? and tried to out football rather than out hoofball them.
It's a great point to gain but we don't half make things difficult for ourselves.

Don't forget "they were unplayable in that first half". :ROFLMAO:

Out of interest, why did you think Baningime was a disappointment? It seems there's a consensus developing here but I thought he was all right.

It was more to do with my expectation. He was no better than how Evans would have played. There seemed to be a lot of space in midfield. I thought defensively we was sound especially dealing with those long throws into the box and up front appeared to be threatening. I also thought James was not as effective in midfield.