Rotherham | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rotherham

Exactly my point !
He shouldn't be on the bench - he should be in the starting line up or not in the matchday squad.
As for not being match fit having not played for some time - didn't seem to affect Clarke too much last week and he was apparently ill as well
Clarke played two weeks ago,Robinson not played for 3 months,hell of a difference!!

The dislike towards Naismith and almost willing him to fail from day one has exceeded simply not rating a player. What vendetta have people got against the lad? If he plays good, bad or indifferent he gets slated and singled out.

He has not been our worst players every game, some games he has been exposed badly but on other occasions he's been fine and occasion he's played pretty well and been one of our better players. He's been a mixed bag not the utter disaster every week you'd think he had been judging by the quantity of criticism he gets on here.

I think abscence has made the heart grow fonder for Robinson he started the season dynamite going forward but a utter liability in defence as time went out he offered nothing going forward and got even worse defensively. Considering he is meant to be a natural left back and Naismith has been thrown in at the deep end learning on the job I'd say he's caught up to if not surpassed Robinson defensively - but he's still got a lot to learn. Naismith probably isn't going to be our long term left back but he's doing the job asked of him and hopefully an experienced head and talker like Fox playing along side him now will help him.

Last edited:
Clarke played two weeks ago,Robinson not played for 3 months,hell of a difference!!
Clarkes with us because he's not been playing much for Sheff U.
The point is that if Robinson is fit he should play if he isn't he shouldn't be on the bench.
Also Olsen hasnt played for 3 months shall we discount him as well ? and Powell ?
Cook said they are fit to play didnt he ?

Agenda or otherwise if Robinson is fit he should be selected. By no means the complete left back but way better than Naismith in that position.
If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start.
Cook got off the hook somewhat playing Naismith previously despite his inability to defend as there were limited other options
If Naismith plays and fecks up Cook will get slaughtered and rightly so.
How simplistic, everyone knows that what you have said is ridiculous.
When a player has been out injured for so long he may not be fit enough to play a full game, doing this MAY risk further injury.
He may be fit enough to start and he may not be but you are not qualified to know that, only the medical and coaching staff are and they will make the correct decision. If that is to play Naismith and introduce Robinson back gradually then that is the best course of action. Anything else would be reckless

How simplistic, everyone knows that what you have said is ridiculous.
When a player has been out injured for so long he may not be fit enough to play a full game, doing this MAY risk further injury.
He may be fit enough to start and he may not be but you are not qualified to know that, only the medical and coaching staff are and they will make the correct decision. If that is to play Naismith and introduce Robinson back gradually then that is the best course of action. Anything else would be reckless
No kenny you must realise that he knows more than all these experienced,paid professionals!Show respect to these master tacticians please!!

The dislike towards Naismith and almost willing him to fail from day one has exceeded simply not rating a player. What vendetta have people got against the lad? If he plays good, bad or indifferent he gets slated and singled out.

He has not been our worst players every game, some games he has been exposed badly but on other occasions he's been fine and occasion he's played pretty well and been one of our better players. He's been a mixed bag not the utter disaster every week you'd think he had been judging by the quantity of criticism he gets on here.

I think abscence has made the heart grow fonder for Robinson he started the season dynamite going forward but a utter liability in defence as time went out he offered nothing going forward and got even worse defensively. Considering he is meant to be a natural left back and Naismith has been thrown in at the deep end learning on the job I'd say he's caught up to if not surpassed Robinson defensively - but he's still got a lot to learn. Naismith probably isn't going to be our long term left back but he's doing the job asked of him and hopefully an experienced head and talker like Fox playing along side him now will help him.
Totally agree KDZ. I'd urge all the anti-Naismith to open their eyes at the games but seeing they're blind it'll be a waste of time.

Great unbiase opinion. Wish others would take their blinkers off & see it as its played out on the pitch.

No kenny you must realise that he knows more than all these experienced,paid professionals!Show respect to these master tacticians please!!
And the paid professionals have messed up a lot this season including recruitment, style of play, team selections and formations. Dont think he is trying to be a coach, he just trying to have an opinion. It is allways frustrating to see key players coming back but sitting on the bench. We have allways said that if a player is fit enough for the bench he should be fit enough to play but in this mardy age machines and computers judge when theyre totaly ready.
As for Naismith my personal opinion is that he has worked hard and done his best at left back and for a player playing out of position he has faired pretty well. Better than some who have played in position. As for him losing his postion to Robinson, who was hardly pulling up trees then thats up to when the computer says yes. Kenny Morris and Billy Sutherland didnt have to worry about computers they just played.

And the paid professionals have messed up a lot this season including recruitment, style of play, team selections and formations. Dont think he is trying to be a coach, he just trying to have an opinion. It is allways frustrating to see key players coming back but sitting on the bench. We have allways said that if a player is fit enough for the bench he should be fit enough to play but in this mardy age machines and computers judge when theyre totaly ready.
As for Naismith my personal opinion is that he has worked hard and done his best at left back and for a player playing out of position he has faired pretty well. Better than some who have played in position. As for him losing his postion to Robinson, who was hardly pulling up trees then thats up to when the computer says yes. Kenny Morris and Billy Sutherland didnt have to worry about computers they just played.
That was a different era with a lot less at stake. What you said is like saying we don't need all this modern medical stuff, leeches did us fine so we will stick with them.

That was a different era with a lot less at stake. What you said is like saying we don't need all this modern medical stuff, leeches did us fine so we will stick with them.
I wasn't saying we don't need it at all. Yes it was a different era. Christ there were no substitutions at all when I started going and it went for many years with one substitute. What I was trying to say was this day and age every bit of an injury shows up due to the technology so players are deemed at risk from what the computers say and injuries last longer. How was there more at stake in the past. It's all relative really.

Must be a lot better playing on the pitches now .... Than the mud baths from years back , Them pitches must have took there toll on the players