HE'S GONE!!! | Page 13 | Vital Football

HE'S GONE!!!

He gave interview out about everyone but the Greek lad that never played for us. He always said the club were working hard at get the players in. He owned that. Lets not go down the apologist route

Apparently the catalyst for Karanka leaving was his attempt to sign two players only to be told he was not in charge of recruitment.

If that is true, I am not really sure what to make of it.

Surely every manager will want to sign some of his own players.

On the other hand, we certainly cannot let every manager we have sign all the players he wants, not at the rate we get through managers.

We end up with a massively bloated playing staff on big wages; exactly the situation we were in previously

Apparently the catalyst for Karanka leaving was his attempt to sign two players only to be told he was not in charge of recruitment.

If that is true, I am not really sure what to make of it.

Surely every manager will want to sign some of his own players.

On the other hand, we certainly cannot let every manager we have sign all the players he wants, not at the rate we get through managers.

We end up with a massively bloated playing staff on big wages; exactly the situation we were in previously

Hence the need for a coherent long term strategy that everyone buys into. Recruitment should be a collaborative rather than adversarial process with the driver being finding players that will improve the squad whilst fitting into an ethos and culture that transcends managerial appointments.

Hence the need for a coherent long term strategy that everyone buys into. Recruitment should be a collaborative rather than adversarial process with the driver being finding players that will improve the squad whilst fitting into an ethos and culture that transcends managerial appointments.

Do you think that may be the road they are attempting to take?

Do you think that may be the road they are attempting to take?

I'd say so.... it seems a long time ago, but we did have a transfer panel - primarily designed to ensure we worked to agreed budgets/targets etc etc.

Whether AK was fully in charge or not, we have signed over 30 players in 2 windows - some of those players have gone having never played a game, some were cast aside after a handfull of games and some, like Hef (allegedly) have been told they can go!

We have players like Ward, Henderson (why not keep as No.3 to save paying him up), Clough, Watson & Bridcutt that are all fully paid up members of the bomb squad.

The selection on Saturday was interesting, with Carvalho not getting on the pitch, but Goncalves getting a chance....

Whatever the situation and the plan going forwards is, we now have two weeks to get a new manager in, let him assess the squad and decide who to keep and who to get shot of, get rid of as many of the latter as possible and bring in what we need to get us back challenging.

Not much to ask really... ?

I'd hope we get that manager resolved today.

Typically, you'd expect a clean slate for all players and whoever it is, needs to assess the squad and then get a few additions in.

We cannot afford to lose further ground on playoffs and with 2 home games coming up, timing & results are crucial.

Lets face it, Marinakis has had a change of heart with regards how the club is run. He brought in who was thought to be (is) a decent manager / coach. Gave him money in the summer.
He may well have looked at the league position in December and thought not good enough. No fault of the lad, but why have I spent £13m on a player who is not influencing the game more. Also I have agreed huge fees for the other lads if they join.
Mmm, maybe I need to be more careful with my cash so I'll bring in another set of eyes to give me feedback.
I totally agree the goal posts have been changed for AK and he has acted honourably throughout this, but if I give my kids £20 for books and pens and they come back with comics and sweets they don't get £20 again without supervision.

Not particularly happy with that but his record at this club means he demands a fair chance from the fans.

My guess is that it will be until the end of the season and if we don't go up he will leave in the summer.