HE'S GONE!!! | Vital Football

HE'S GONE!!!

Apparently the club asked him to resign so the fans wouldn't turn at a sacking - twat club. PRogress gone

Reactions: PVH
Even as someone who didn’t want Karanka in the first place, I find this news a little bit annoying. I don’t think for one minute that his hand hasn’t been forced and those that were perplexed at SoD’s dismissal in similar circumstances all those years ago, will be just as perplexed today.

Marinakis will find that if he hasn’t lined up a really good replacement, that good will from the fans will be in very short supply over the coming months and possibly even years. It can be argued that if Marinakis was going to pull the trigger or force Karanka into doing what he’s done, then now was the best time to do so. But even so, the players were very clearly behind the manager and playing for him, and the fans have also been very much behind Karanka, so this makes this turn of events somewhat surprising in some respects.

I suppose it’s now over to Marinakis to find an upgrade on Karanka...

Can't help feeling this was orchestrated and he was pushed into a corner where he was forced to resign!! which now leads me to think they have someone lined up and will take over in the next couple of days.

Good Luck Aitor.

Madness just madness, have we not learnt anything over the last 20 years!!

Absolutely gutted and not just out of blind faith in Karanka but as a fan of the Club. You only have to look at Boro to see it took a little time for it to happen.

From Nottinghamshire Live:

"This was a gradual erosion, the roots of which were intertwined with a rather more dramatic and brief collapse on the east coast, at Norwich, where the Reds surrendered a 3-0 lead as the home side fought back with two goals deep into injury time, to claim a 3-3 draw"

If this was the defining moment then Dias should walk out of this club with his head hanging in shame.................. One Man - One Result - What Bollox!!!

Hang fire

It’s only madness, a mistake etc IF we don’t appoint someone of higher calibre or someone with a proven track record of doing better than Karanka

As I say, over to Marinakis to prove that this was the right decision. No he hasn’t been sacked, but he’s clearly been forced into a lonely corner to make this decision.

Hang fire

It’s only madness, a mistake etc IF we don’t appoint someone of higher calibre or someone with a proven track record of doing better than Karanka

As I say, over to Marinakis to prove that this was the right decision. No he hasn’t been sacked, but he’s clearly been forced into a lonely corner to make this decision.

Hope it's not Gary Rowett!