Will Grigg to Sunderland | Page 4 | Vital Football

Will Grigg to Sunderland

It’s cool guys, according to one forum user we’re going to sign one of Hooper, Hogan, Crouch, Gestede, Nugent and Zohore with this mouth-watering £200k. What a great bit of business by the club again.

It’s cool guys, according to one forum user we’re going to sign one of Hooper, Hogan, Crouch, Gestede, Nugent and Zohore with this mouth-watering £200k. What a great bit of business by the club again.
He hasn't been sold!

He hasn't been sold!

Thanks for the update, very observant ??

My point is, why are people saying let’s sell him to bring someone else in? Who on earth are we going to buy that will make the difference for that kind of money? And why on earth are we even considering selling our only goal scorer anyway?

Thanks for the update, very observant ??

My point is, why are people saying let’s sell him to bring someone else in? Who on earth are we going to buy that will make the difference for that kind of money? And why on earth are we even considering selling our only goal scorer anyway?

The point is we aren't selling him for that sort of money! Reports are we are looking for £2 million+ So until they get to that level calm down!

You don't sign a 27 year old international striker with his goal record and who has 18 months left on his contract for 200 grand. To even offer that is insulting and a waste of time. I accept our reputation is one of poor negotiators but it's the equivalent of us ringing up Jugen Klopp and asking if we could have Mo Salah for 2 million. It doesn't even merit a response unless it's to go forth and multiply. It also makes Sunderland and their chairman look like time wasters and a laughing stock.

The point is we aren't selling him for that sort of money! Reports are we are looking for £2 million+ So until they get to that level calm down!

Sunderland won’t have offered an amount if they believe we’re holding out for 10x that amount. It’s not football manager. That’s the first offer, our brilliant negotiators may get that up to £500k if we’re lucky.

My very first point in this thread is, though, why are we even considering selling our only good striker? Even at £2million. What is the point? Why? It’s stupid by the club and stinks of the modern football fan to care more about the clubs bank balance than keeping our fan favourites and best players. Everyone acts like a bloody accountant now rather than a football fan.

Sunderland won’t have offered an amount if they believe we’re holding out for 10x that amount. It’s not football manager. That’s the first offer, our brilliant negotiators may get that up to £500k if we’re lucky.

My very first point in this thread is, though, why are we even considering selling our only good striker? Even at £2million. What is the point? Why? It’s stupid by the club and stinks of the modern football fan to care more about the clubs bank balance than keeping our fan favourites and best players. Everyone acts like a bloody accountant now rather than a football fan.

It is the way of modern football, some of us old school may not like it but finances need to be watched otherwise we go the way of Noblot n others who are close to going bust. On the selling of Grigg I'm in the no camp as I think he needs, game time + service + a bit of confidence = goals.

Apparently it's 100k up front rising to 200k in addition ons. If you don't ask you don't get but that is what you call a derisory offer. They paid 750k for Charlie Wyke in the summer so anything less than that is taking the p--- and I wouldn't accept that. Until they come back with over 1.5m I wouldn't even consider the possibility.

We paid 1m for Grigg before he was a guaranteed 20+ a season L1 player so he can only have gone up in price.

I suspect Grigg probably isn't even keen on going back to L1 unless he's been told like Power was that he won't play.

So the only way I see Grigg going is if Cook wants rid and will sell way below his value - that is what worries me.

I suspect Grigg probably isn't even keen on going back to L1 unless he's been told like Power was that he won't play.

You sure about that king ?... the other week Sunderland had 46,000 on with a good chance of going up. Probably much more game time than he's getting at the moment as well...if he does go it's a mistake and it will be the bloke who doesn't fancy him's fault.

200k ??? ..if we accept that we must be losing our marbles.

Apparently it's 100k up front rising to 200k in addition ons. If you don't ask you don't get but that is what you call a derisory offer. They paid 750k for Charlie Wyke in the summer so anything less than that is taking the p--- and I wouldn't accept that. Until they come back with over 1.5m I wouldn't even consider the possibility.

We paid 1m for Grigg before he was a guaranteed 20+ a season L1 player so he can only have gone up in price.

So the only way I see Grigg going is if Cook wants rid and will sell way below his value - that is what worries me.

It's beyond laughable that I'm sure the quoted numbers are missing a 0. If not it raises questions about tapping up as it's that derisory. I think we paid more than that for Mandaron and Woolrey. Still it's a great opportunity for Royle to start communicating and getting the fans on board by coming out and setting Sunderland straight.

You still don’t get it do you? They know that bid doesn’t get accepted, it’s about letting the club and player know that they are here, and believe me they won’t have made any bid without knowing for sure that the player wanted to come.

You also forget that this the first major sale of a new ownership so of course they are going to start low to test their mettle, it’s common business sense.

He’ll go, most likely for around a million with another million upon promotion and we’ll use that money along with Grigg’s saved wages to pay the wages of a far better striker on loan until the end of the season who unlike Griggalty will score the goals to keep us up.

It’s hilarious really, a couple of weeks ago you came on here shouting your mouth off about how we must keep “Cooky” and now you’re back on here shouting your mouth off about how we mustn’t sell Grigg. You do realise Cook doesn’t rate him right? He plays Garner, Vaughan and Windarse before him. So I suggest you pick which side you’re on.

You sure about that king ?... the other week Sunderland had 46,000 on with a good chance of going up. Probably much more game time than he's getting at the moment as well...if he does go it's a mistake and it will be the bloke who doesn't fancy him's fault.

200k ??? ..if we accept that we must be losing our marbles.

If he is playing here and wanted I think he wouldn't push for a move and would backs himself to gets goal in the coming months.

If Cook doesn't want him then he would certainly go.

It's beyond laughable that I'm sure the quoted numbers are missing a 0. If not it raises questions about tapping up as it's that derisory. I think we paid more than that for Mandaron and Woolrey. Still it's a great opportunity for Royle to start communicating and getting the fans on board by coming out and setting Sunderland straight.

Nixon implicitly said no that's not a misprint it is that low.