The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Lets just hope he doesn't turn round a do a Delph on us.

People will never believe me on this but that mess was thr clubs fault.

I pointed out at the time all he'd said was he didn't want to leave on a free. He said he owed randy and the club that much.

The media (a department that was changing over at that time) went into overdrive and made him look so bad when he did go.

He could have become even more rich going on a free but didn't do that.

I pointed out at the time all he'd said was he didn't want to leave on a free. He said he owed randy and the club that much.

The media (a department that was changing over at that time) went into overdrive and made him look so bad when he did go.

I usually hang on to your every word but missed this. Throws a different complexion on things.

Why do he come out with that statement about wanting to lead this great club of ours into the new season et cetera et cetera ?

all he'd said was he didn't want to leave on a free. He said he owed randy and the club that much.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am"

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great club."

I'm sorry but they are direct quotes and go far beyond saying he doesn't want to leave on a free.

If the media guys ran with the euphoria of him staying following those quotes you can't really blame them as he point blank says he's staying.

Then he got offered 120k a week and left.

Snake twat.

If this is correct then it makes a great statement about the manager, the owners and the player.
I was ambivalent about Tammy leaving - obviously I wanted him to stay but I would also understand if he wanted to leave for whatever reason he has. Football is a short and fragile career and one rash challenge could end it prematurely. If I had the chance to treble my earnings, I would seriously consider it. He would go with my blessings and best wishes as he has done a great job for us up until now and giving your best efforts for Aston Villa is enough for me.
I was a little disappointed with the bile spouted on this forum and those responsible should apologise - you know who you are. We as fans all love our club and cannot leave but players can and we must respect the decisions that they make about their futures.
Tammy Abraham is a good bloke whether he stays or leaves and has the potential to be a Holte End legend if he can scores the goals that fire us into the PL.
UTV
HEITS
VTID

As if no one else would do the same for that step up in money.

We call for loyalty, we don't give it (in my humble) to all but a select few.

But no, he was loyal in not walking out for free, he didn't want that video at the game etc, he was still negotiating.

Hey ho, not my problem, he's made his fortune and had a decent - albeit injury blighted - career, I'm sure he can put up with some name calling !

I'll be pleased if this is the case come 31st January, at the moment the situation hasn't changed - the decision is out of our hands, no point in worrying about things we can't change. Hope he does indeed stay.

As if no one else would do the same for that step up in money.

We call for loyalty, we don't give it (in my humble) to all but a select few.

But no, he was loyal in not walking out for free, he didn't want that video at the game etc, he was still negotiating.

Hey ho, not my problem, he's made his fortune and had a decent - albeit injury blighted - career, I'm sure he can put up with some name calling !

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd never have blamed him for going to a better club for more money.

But if I was going to I wouldn't say things like this is my club, I'm staying, it's an honour blah blah blah a couple of days before.

He said those things. Nobody forced him to. And that's what leaves the bitter taste.

He has nobody to blame but himself for the way it transpired. He should have kept his big gob shut.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am"

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great club."

I'm sorry but they are direct quotes and go far beyond saying he doesn't want to leave on a free.

If the media guys ran with the euphoria of him staying following those quotes you can't really blame them as he point blank says he's staying.

Then he got offered 120k a week and left.

Snake twat.

The whole thing made him look like such a prick. Firstly he signs a contract when we're all certain he's leaving for nothing and it seems like maybe there is some loyalty left in football after all.

Then in the summer it's revealed that he got a very low release clause added in so he could move in the summer anyway. I thought fair enough, at least it shows he wanted the club to get something. Man city come in and it's all but a done deal.

Then he seemingly changes his mind and declares he wants to stay, then does a complete I turn after they offer him more money after all his bollocks about loyalty. He looked like a complete tool.

Well, I saw Tammy in a wolves shirt last night, big smile with welcome Tammy, that link has now changed and I feel like I've been duped by a **** to tarmac my block paved drive, ooh the shame.