The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

As if no one else would do the same for that step up in money.

We call for loyalty, we don't give it (in my humble) to all but a select few.

But no, he was loyal in not walking out for free, he didn't want that video at the game etc, he was still negotiating.

Hey ho, not my problem, he's made his fortune and had a decent - albeit injury blighted - career, I'm sure he can put up with some name calling !

I've never held it against Delph. I think his affection for the club was genuine.

First he could have not signed a new contract, and then leave on a free. He did sign a contract, albeit with a release clause, which not only ensured we got something if he left, but gave the club a psychological boost at the time.

When Man C came calling, his first reaction was to go, which was understandable. Then he had a rethink, which I think was based on what I described as genuine affection for the club. Then in the cold light of day he had another rethink and realised he ought to go. A bloke torn two ways, understandable in the pressure of the moment, and maybe shouldn't be held against him, although to us it came across as a kick in the privates.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am"

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great club."

I'm sorry but they are direct quotes and go far beyond saying he doesn't want to leave on a free.

If the media guys ran with the euphoria of him staying following those quotes you can't really blame them as he point blank says he's staying.

Then he got offered 120k a week and left.

Snake twat.

He also appeared on the big screen at the game(can't remember which) stating that he was "proving that there is loyalty in football". I don't blame him for going but it was his mess.

Anyway well done Tammy for making the correct decision.

Great news that Tammy is staying, I was resigned to the apparent inevitable last night but it goes to show you should only believe it when they’re holding the shirt up at the new training ground.

The thought of Hogan leading the line was keeping me up last night. Let’s run Tammy into the ground for the next 6 months to get us firmly into the playoffs.

I'm in one of those philosophical moods and this seemed strangely appropriate;

Well i've been up all night again
Party time wasting is too much fun
Then I step back thinking
Of lifes inner meaning
And my latest fling
Its the same old story
All love and glory
Its a pantomime
If youre looking for love
In a looking glass world
Its pretty hard to find
Oh mother of pearl
I wouldnt trade you
For another girl

Mother Of Pearl by Bryan Ferry 1973

Tammy probably thought -

Do I want to play in front of 28K horrible fans in a horrible stadium or stay at the mighty Villa in front of 40k fans all singing my name, get them up then sign permanently and become a Villa legend.

Great decision Tammy you won't regret it.

If we go up, and offer him a contract, how much will we pay him?

So long as there's a clause in his, and every other signings contract, stating that if we're relegated his wages are cut then who cares.

Things can change quickly so I won’t celebrate too much until the end of the transfer window. Apparently there is a cut off date for Chelsea to cancel the loan which is 14th Jan which is next Monday so hopefully should have a clearer idea then

I hope he stays. 14th Jan is still almost a week away, Morata looks like he's off, if say Giroud got injured ..... hmmm.