January 2019 transfers | Page 8 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

Seen some fans wanting him to play instead of Krul - he couldn’t even get in Bolton’s first team I do not understand this fascination with him!

They should look to get rid of both him and McGovern and let Oxborough stay on the bench.

As for some comments about Rhodes - he is absolutely fine as a backup as proven for those few games when Pukki was out in October (ie. Villa at home). I don’t think we need to go sign a striker and I don’t think they will - as they have Idah in particular coming through the youth ranks. I’ve heard they’re looking to loan him out for the final 6 months of the season abroad like they did with Cantwell last season, in the hope it has the same effect and he can come back and play a part next season.

Seems the club isvrecalling a lot of the out on loan guys.

Mattgews contract up in summer so they will look to sell or loan. Maybe back to Plymouth.

I read a while back that McGovern has a clause in his contract that he gets a large fee if he isn't included in the match day squad.

Matthews is also another bit so could help DF drop McGovern and bring in Matthews giving him space for a none brit like Passlack or trybull when others replace him.

Oxborough is another top young to we have and hopefully will get a chance...been awhile since one of our top young his took the number 1 and kept it.

I agree i wanted Matthews to be number 1 but I don't think he has it in him and as I said in another post his confidence is complete gone.

I know they were looking at power And Phillips going abroad on loan. If idah was also going that would explain the sudden recalls of Bloomfield and Abrahams. Fonkeu hasn't recovered from his injury so low on forwards in u23s.

A left back who can also play attacking left wing would be great.

Perhaps they are looking at Remy as a partner to Klose. If he is capable of stepping up to the prem then all the better. We are leaking lots of goals as well as scoring loads. Stop conceding and we should be ok.

Mason Bloomfield has a compound fracture of his forearm which he got while making his debut for AFC Fylde yesterday. Not sure on the time frame out but hopefully not too bad, better an arm than a leg, I suppose. Have a speedy return, Mason

Re William Remy

DOB: 4/4/91 --> 27 and 3/4
6' 0" tall
French U19 international
Currently plays for Legia Warsaw, has played for Lens, Dijion and Montpellier.

Useful that he can play as a defensive midfielder, where I think we
need some "muscle" against some of these physical teams.

Talk of a three and half year contract

I see that Birmingham are apparently interested in Marshall. If he goes then we will need another winger - maybe a brit to make up the brit numbers

Mason Bloomfield has a compound fracture of his forearm which he got while making his debut for AFC Fylde yesterday. Not sure on the time frame out but hopefully not too bad, better an arm than a leg, I suppose. Have a speedy return, Mason
So he came back from Hamilton and then was loaned out straight away to Flyde? How was that sorted out so quickly? Also, the level is a massive drop from Scottish Premiership. Is it because he wasn't playing enough and at Flyde he was going to play?

Jacob Murphy is not having a good time at Newcastle.

It is not likely to happen but would you have him back? Maybe on loan?

Remy apparently not coming to us.

We aren't looking at signing anyone according to the EDP apart from players for the u23s.

I fear that not bringing in a couple is a bit of a bad discussion. A new winger and a new LB would really give us the strength and a good boost for the final push.

Maybe if we go up we can sign a player I suggested a while back and get Dack from Blackburn --- but I think he will have a high price tag and even if we go up we will look to spend little.

EDP reporting that we’re not in for this Remy chap and that Rizespor are talking to City about a permanent deal for Ivo Pinto...