Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm

Have to say looks like Smith honeymoon over. Defence leaking goals, injuries and Abraham jumped ship. Smith having to use the expensive flops.

Love the FA cup sentiment and whole heartedly agree.

But . It's pissing in the wind. The competition is a watered down never to return to the glory that we all knew it to be. The final doesn't look right without being under the Twin Towers for a start.

I do find a bit of contradiction with the line ups being suggested.

If we are taking it seriously/showing respect/ treating it how it should be, then the strongest available line up should be listed. Not some mish mash of untested u23 and fringe players. Is it treating the cup properly by selecting a line up that has never played together before? . Surely it's the strongest possible line up ?. Like the our managers of days gone by. Otherwise are we not treating it seriously ? .
All that the cup lineup highlights is the fact that its not possible for the manager to get a look at other players in a proper competative game because Smith is never going to play anything other than what he deems to be his strongest eleven in a Championship game.

Trouble is it's not far off a line up we could have to put out in the league.

It's a very worrying sign if we lose this today.

Cannot believe I blagged off work early to come to this. Shockingly clueless in every way. Defence and midfield may as well not exist.

Nice to get a WM commentary online (very nostalgic) but that's about the only positive so far.

At the ground - first match since Blues (Christ that season ticket was a waste!). Realised how much I’ve missed it walking to the ground - pie eaten, finishing the beer and I’m very much back ‘in the zone’!

Very happy with that line-up. Actually optimistic for a performance and big win today.

??

Well it didn’t take long to smash the enthusiasm out of me. What a shambles of a half. New keeper takes just 2mins to fuck up as well!

Bloody Villa - now I really am back in ‘the zone’ ?

Admittedly I'm watching on a Facebook stream and commentary on BBC WM but everyone agrees that was absolutely dreadful with apparently, Dean Smith turning crimson red with anger on the touchline.

Time for throwing a few teacups around I think Dean with a lot of our players.