Most pointless Imps game ever... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Most pointless Imps game ever...

At home to Terry Venable's Crystal Places on an ice skating rink of a Sincil Bank pitch in Dec. 1977, Ref Kilpatrick rightly abandoned the match at 0-1 to Palace who where outplaying the Imps, thus to allowing the Imps to rightfully win the rearranged match the following March 3-2.

I also remember a post season friendly against Luton in about 81 or 82 played midweek where players to a man were clearly wishing they were on a beach somewhere. Pointless in every sense of the word though I think Luton brought quite a decent team with the likes of Ricky Hill and Brian Stein playing

I also remember a post season friendly against Luton in about 81 or 82 played midweek where players to a man were clearly wishing they were on a beach somewhere. Pointless in every sense of the word though I think Luton brought quite a decent team with the likes of Ricky Hill and Brian Stein playing

I recall that match, wasn't to celebrate promotion to the 3rd Division?

I drove down from Lincoln for that one. Does that give me dibs on an Everton ticket :LOL:
I was there too and we were really quite as fans all night. Shocking evening but probably not the worst ever. Remember Ginnelly through one on to one and nearly hitting the corner flag....maybe I’m being harsh but that’s how it felt.

2011 relegation decider v Aldershot. Utterly pointless that gutless shower of a team turning up. Should have just declared a nil three to the opposition the day before and left it up to Barnet to see what they could do the next day.

2011 relegation decider v Aldershot. Utterly pointless that gutless shower of a team turning up. Should have just declared a nil three to the opposition the day before and left it up to Barnet to see what they could do the next day.

Has to rank as one of the most pathetic performances ever seen by a Lincoln team in modern times.

thinking of the sheff Utd game 2nd leg ,went 1 up from that Aussie can't even attempt to spell his name , lost 6-1 ,2nd leg we won 1-0

Away at Oxford in the early 80s. Abandoned due to fog.

Went to that one.
Obvious from before kick off it was unplayable. Couldn't see beyond penalty box.
Robert Maxwell paid ref to play until just after half time to make sure we joined the very long list of people he robbed.

To add to the pointlessness of the day, my poor little Hillman Imp got bumped into by an idiot at a roundabout on the way back.

Under the Cowleys, for us it was probably the 2-0 defeat on a damp cold Tuesday night in March 2017 at Borehamwood. No-one could get off early, M25 dreadful, arrived as the game started. Total attendance 1,002 !!!!!!!!!!! ................And I think we were top of the NFL.

No parking, miserable staff, crap ground, no roof, no atmosphere, none of the team turned up. Dreadful game in which we went 1-0 down slightly against the run of play; then a certain Bruno Andrade finally put us out of our misery.

No points for the Imps................ Utterly pointless for us.

If it had been a theatre performance, you'd have wanted your money back.

Just to make this worse as we were leaving the ground FGR scored a 95th minute winner against Solihull Moors to close the gap and make us think it was a 3 horse race for the title. On reflection it simply added to the drama and excitement but at the time it was a dismal depressing drive back to Lincolnshire that night.