Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm

On paper Stoke have a pretty decent side. A lot from the premier league in it. They’ve had a shit start and have a limited manager. I would still think they will be nearer the top 6 than they are now.

Tough side to play against and have drawn a fair few so far.

A reality check for one and all I think. By selecting Whelan for Grealish I can only imagine D.S. was hoping to nick a draw, so job done I suppose.????.
Regards,
G.T.

A reality check for one and all I think. By selecting Whelan for Grealish I can only imagine D.S. was hoping to nick a draw, so job done I suppose.????.
Regards,
G.T.
G.T. it was not a choice DS had as Grelish is injured , I hope he is cleared for the Leeds game .

Regards,
G.T.

Not reality check at all. Point gained in this supposed nightmare run..

Nick a draw?.

Rubbish.

He brought Hogan on for Whelan before Stoke kicked off after kodjia scored .

Midfield looked slow and ponderous today. Nobody to go past opposition players. What was Elmo doing showing that Stoke player inside and then fouling him?

Not reality check at all. Point gained in this supposed nightmare run..

Nick a draw?.

Rubbish.

He brought Hogan on for Whelan before Stoke kicked off after kodjia scored .
Hi Donkey,
Whelan was substituted in the 85th minute, by which time he will ' have been blowing through his arse' for the last 80 minutes. Mr Whelan's legs went a couple of years ago and watching him attempting to 'run' always brings a smile to my face.?. By selecting him D.S. is simply confirming that he considers others in the squad to be 'not up to snuff'. A sad indictment to the young hopefuls left to sit this one out........
The thinking that a point at home is a' point gained' is negative in the extreme.After all we are not talking about running Man. City close here...it is just a mediocre Stoke City for heavens sake.
Yes a reality check is about right I think......Your perspective on ' success is obviously far different to mine....
Regards,
G.T.

Was hard work walking back to Aston station in that weather so can only imagine how difficult it would have been to play some decent football in it, proper horrible weather! Stoke have Rowett written all over them, must be proper boring watching them every week then listening to him after.

Reasonaby satisfied with a draw after that perfomance. We lack creativity without Jack. You can see what DS is trying to do, he just needs a few players to suit his system. Stoke played well and appear to be coming to terms with the championship.

Worst performance under Smith but we came from behind twice to get a deserved draw.
Feared the worst when I saw the predictable team selection with both Whelan and Hourihane in the middle and so it proved.
Created bugger all first half and second half was little better as Stoke surrounded Tammy with 4 players,
Fair result in the end I thought,
Can't really replace your best player can you and so it proved

Dean said he had watched Stoke for their last 5 games and this was the best they had played.
He was very critical of Elmo for their penalty.

You can't expect to go a goal down twice and go on to win against Stoke, who as some have already said, have a team with a hell of a lot of PL experience. To stand a chance of winning this one, we would need to go a goal UP.

Not going to criticise DS, but for me O'Hare needs a run even it's only the first 45 minutes. He's the nearest thing we have to Grealish and we missed him.

Get fit soon Grealish!.... pleaseeeeeeeeee

At least we managed to salvage a point, I think stoke are better (or harder to beat) than many on here gave them credit for. Looking at their side earlier I under estimated how much experience they had in their team, pretty much all XI players have premier league experience.

I don’t like Whelan in the middle, although someone debated with me earlier that his work rate makes him useful, but time after time it’s proven. It’s difficult for DS at the moment as it still isn’t his team, if he is in a situation in 12 months time where the best backup we have is a washed up players then that’s different.

The tough games aren’t over for us, two more coming up but if we can get 4 points from the next two as a minimum we then have a nice run of games against mid to lower table sides we should be able to put away.

No need to panic, its a learning curve for DS. Come January with a few signings and some easier games we’ll fly up the table

Yes a reality check is about right I think......Your perspective on ' success is obviously far different to mine....
Regards,
G.T.

I think you need a reality check. Smith has come in and done wonders in a short space of time with the absolute mess that Bruce has left him. The fact that we were expecting to beat Stoke today and we're disappointed with a point shows what a good job he's done so far. A lot of people thought we'd be in a far worse position than we are.

When Smith was appointed, looking at the fixtures (and the defence Bruce left us with), my thought was if we can hang on around mid-table , that would be a decent response. We're above that, and playing entertaining football and scoring goals for fun. Play offs well within sights, and with a good January window, a good run can still give us more.