Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 126 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Feco are you saying those conservatives who did not vote for her should now vote for her deal when this could hasten a general election (DUP would vote against) and a potential defeat and loss of power for the conservative party?
Are you arguing that observing the negative consequences of a particular course of action should mean that they should be free to continue making the case that it is a stupid idea? But that goes against your views of the last 100 pages! I though you told us Remainers that we were anti democratic and that we should get back in our box or support the government. What a hypocrite!

She won 63% of those eligible to vote. The turn out was 100%.
The rules are the rules, and TM won handsomely within those rules.

Now you can always argue that the electorate is not truly representative of the nation.
For instance stopping 16 year olds having a vote in the 2016 referendum, when the result of the vote would not be activated until they reached legal adulthood, and their lives would be directly affected.

Meantime those over 75+ year olds who are less likely to be impacted by the referendum result could vote.

I appreciate there has to be a cut off point, and you accept the rules.

The ERG should do the same on last nights ballot which is every bit as valid as the referendum and accept the result.

If they can’t, then they should quit the Conservatives and continue their protest outside of the protection being a member of the Tories gives them.

I’m sure UKIP or The National Front would welcome them.
You're forgetting that Leavers aren't at all bothered about following the rules of a supposedly democratic process. The ends justifies the means.

Yes Macron is trying to align things with what his masters say must be done. Macron is an EU stooge

Conspiracy theory running wild. So his EU masters are telling him to increase fuel tax? Telling him to relax working laws? Reduce public spending?

So by the fact you've not responded to my other points I assume your statements about France being unhappy are baseless and straight out of the Daily Fail notebook.

No. To have confidence in someone is more a question of trust and competence.

Few riots in Hungary now...happy happy people everywhere...populists I tell you...those pesky naughty and worthless people who don't agree with EU edicts

So again it's the fault of the EU? They are rioting about Hungarian law. The law they are trying to pass is completely opposite to the EU Working Time Regulations. But hey it is far easier to blame the pesky EU.

Maybe they should turn back towards the East for the grass is far greener.......

You are beginning to sound like Blue

Are you arguing that observing the negative consequences of a particular course of action should mean that they should be free to continue making the case that it is a stupid idea? But that goes against your views of the last 100 pages! I though you told us Remainers that we were anti democratic and that we should get back in our box or support the government. What a hypocrite!

Im asking the man a question. What's the problem here? Im asking for clarification . And in any event have I ever questioned your ability to argue something...you are free to argue whatever you wish...and by the way I would defend anyone's right to voice an opinion...even hardline brexiteers

You're forgetting that Leavers aren't at all bothered about following the rules of a supposedly democratic process. The ends justifies the means.

My dear friend you really are not one for rules or guarantees are you. The Conservative has a set of rules that allows leaders to be challenged and then a period when a leader cannot be challenged. We were given a guarantee pursuant to a democratic vote that this vote would be implemented. This guarantee appeared in the manifestos of both parties. They are promises to the people. There is no contradiction...at all and arguments I have seen to that effect are quite frankly simple

Conspiracy theory running wild. So his EU masters are telling him to increase fuel tax? Telling him to relax working laws? Reduce public spending?

So by the fact you've not responded to my other points I assume your statements about France being unhappy are baseless and straight out of the Daily Fail notebook.

I have answered. I really don't know what you are talking about. Everything Macron does is an attempt to align French policy with EU edict and directives on the environment, employment rights and immigration

My dear friend you really are not one for rules or guarantees are you. The Conservative has a set of rules that allows leaders to be challenged and then a period when a leader cannot be challenged. We were given a guarantee pursuant to a democratic vote that this vote would be implemented. This guarantee appeared in the manifestos of both parties. They are promises to the people. There is no contradiction...at all and arguments I have seen to that effect are quite frankly simple

Promises can be broken. Especially, if they are unrealistic or have a detrimental affect.

Promises can be broken. Especially, if they are unrealistic or have a detrimental affect.
Or cannot be put through parliament. I doubt the Green party or UKIP would have got much of their manifesto promises through parliament even if they had been voted in somehow. Even when the Lib Dems were in office through a coalition they famously couldn't stick to their promises.

So again it's the fault of the EU? They are rioting about Hungarian law. The law they are trying to pass is completely opposite to the EU Working Time Regulations. But hey it is far easier to blame the pesky EU.

Maybe they should turn back towards the East for the grass is far greener.......

You are beginning to sound like Blue

Who's Blue? People are supporting the EU in Hungary are they...looks like what Orban is doing is backed by the Commission....probably threw him that bone so he could relax on immigration....

I have answered. I really don't know what you are talking about. Everything Macron does is an attempt to align French policy with EU edict and directives on the environment, employment rights and immigration

You've answered part. The other part about the unhappiness of the French due to the EU and the basis of this opinion have gone unanswered

Therefore, I assume that you've not lived among French or other southern European people to form such an opinion. It purely based on falsehood and rhetoric.

Don't get me wrong there will those who are unhappy and want out but they tend tot be the right wing who follow Le Pen et al. Remind me how did she fare in the last election?

Glad we've cleared that one up.

Toms, I’m saying that those defeated members should now support the will of the party.
Isn’t that what JRM and his colleagues have been telling the remainers for the last couple of years, respect the result and the support the will of the people?

If they are unable to do that, then they should leave the Tories and form their own party/ merge with an appropriate one, like UKIP or the National Front.

You've answered part. The other part about the unhappiness of the French due to the EU and the basis of this opinion have gone unanswered

Therefore, I assume that you've not lived among French or other southern European people to form such an opinion. It purely based on falsehood and rhetoric.

Don't get me wrong there will those who are unhappy and want out but they tend tot be the right wing who follow Le Pen et al. Remind me how did she fare in the last election?

Glad we've cleared that one up.

To be honest I cant opine on whether people are happy or not so I didn't bother too but Macron's absolute love of the EU isnt in question. If you really want me to bring you up on a line by line analysis of what you say in response to everything I say, happy to do so from now on.

Toms, I’m saying that those defeated members should now support the will of the party.
Isn’t that what JRM and his colleagues have been telling the remainers for the last couple of years, respect the result and the support the will of the people?
Exactly. Rank hypocrisy.

If they are unable to do that, then they should leave the Tories and form their own party/ merge with an appropriate one, like UKIP or the National Front.
Haven't those two already merged?