Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 91 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Feco, when I posted I wasn't quite sure whether my post was a bit tongue in cheek or not usually I'm fairly definite in what I do. But not this time. Even so I found your answer informative and it brought me pretty well up to date. Confirmed my own view that there's a dickens of a long way to go no matter what form it takes. I'm beginning to wonder whether Mrs May might well come out of this with a bit of a glow as opposed to my original view that she was well and truly on a downer.
My original view that the U.K. will come out on top has not changed although it looks as though it's going to take a bit longer than I thought.

ORF, if May pulls off what I’ve been told, it will be an incredible personal achievement.

The UK will leave the EU next March as promised and we will be able to start negotiations with them and other countries around the world from next April.

Thing is, these deals take forever to complete, very few politicians involved now will be around when they are finalised. Views will have changed. Who knows what the deal will be with the EU then.
In the meantime we essentially carry on pretty much as as we do now.
This agreement will essentially deliver what was promised, maintain the trading position we have now and give scope to ensure there is no lasting damage to the UK moving forward.

I can live with that.

No Feco we did not delegate the passing of more and more power to Brussels.

Yes Toms you did exactly that if you bothered to turn up and vote in the elections. Your vote helped shape the EU to where it is now.

ORF, if May pulls off what I’ve been told, it will be an incredible personal achievement.

The UK will leave the EU next March as promised and we will be able to start negotiations with them and other countries around the world from next April.

Thing is, these deals take forever to complete, very few politicians involved now will be around when they are finalised. Views will have changed. Who knows what the deal will be with the EU then.
This agreement will essentially deliver what was promised, maintain the trading position we have now and give scope to ensure there is no lasting damage to the UK moving forward.

I can live with that.

So can I. :thumbup:

Yes Toms you did exactly that if you bothered to turn up and vote in the elections. Your vote helped shape the EU to where it is now.

Sorry but this was not in any manifesto. It just happened. It was done by stealth and as you well know people vote on a domestic agenda

I can live with that.

But you were saying that planes wouldn’t fly, we would starve and people wouldn’t get medicines. The fact a deal might get done on the basis of what you have been told must come as a shock to you

The booklet really doesn’t say anything at all.
No mention of the damage it would do to our currency, a 20% drop against the USD.
Page 5 THE ECONOMIC SHOCK WOULD PUT PRESSURE ON THE POUND.
AS I'VE SAID BEFORE A FALL IN THE CURRENCY ISN'T NECESSARILY BAD. THE ITALIAN ECONOMY HASN'T GROWN IN 20 YEARS BECAUSE THEIR CURRENCY DOESN'T FALL AS IT SHOULD

No mention of how Leave would be implemented.
YOU LEAVE. IT DOESN'T NEED IMPLEMENTING. THE RELATIONSHIP AFTER THAT IS DOWN TO THE ELECTED GOVERNMENT

No mention of the damage it would do to our service industry, manufacturing industry, agricultural industry.
Page 7 LESS ACCESS TO THE SINGLE MARKET INCLUDING SEVICES....

No mention that a two thirds of the immigrants that come to the UK would be totally unaffected by leaving the EU.
636,000 PEOPLE IN A YEAR TWO THIRDS OF WHOM CAME FROM THE EU (201,000 FROM OUTSIDE THE BLOC)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

No mention that flights to and from the UK could be affected or grounded. To be fair BA can manage that withoût Brexit.
NOT HAPPENED
No mention that we would either have to have a Customs Union or Hard Border in Ireland. And if neither happened we would be outside WTO guidelines and open to being systematically at the mercy of every other trading country we try to deal with.
NO REASON FOR A HARD BORDER. UNDER WTO RULES WE ARE AT THE MERCY OF NO ONE. WE CHOOSE WHO WE TRADE WITH AND WHAT TERMS

No mention that trade deals take, in the main upto a decade to complete, in the meantime you are potentially in limbo.
Page 7 FOR EXAMPLE CANADA's DEAL WITH THE EU HAS SO FAR TAKEN SEVEN YEARS

We knew exactly where we stood by remaining within the EU.
NO WE DON'T . WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY WILL COME UP WITH NEXT. THEY ARE TALKING OF RAIDING ITALIAN BANK ACCOUNTS

Maybe not quite so clear afterall?
THE FUTURE IS NEVER CLEAR

Sorry but this was not in any manifesto. It just happened. It was done by stealth and as you well know people vote on a domestic agenda

Show me where it mentions WTO rules or worse in the Leave booklet.
I can’t see any mention of a 20% devaluation of pound against the dollar overnight either.
Probably they forgot to mention it......must have slipped their minds.

How can anything be done by stealth over 40 years? It’s not like the EU as it is now just appeared overnight.
And the European Union has been central to domestic policy for years, the Tories in particular have ripped themselves apart continually over it since the days of Maggie.

No you have had 4 decades to influence the direction of the EU by your voting trend, and also by lobbying your MP and MEP.
Irrespective of party, they are all very approachable.
You could even have got involved.....sort of JRM1.1

You are as much an architect of the current EU as anyone else in Europe.

Show me where it mentions WTO rules or worse in the Leave booklet.
I can’t see any mention of a 20% devaluation of pound against the dollar overnight either.
Probably they forgot to mention it......must have slipped their minds.

How can anything be done by stealth over 40 years? It’s not like the EU as it is now just appeared overnight.
And the European Union has been central to domestic policy for years, the Tories in particular have ripped themselves apart continually over it since the days of Maggie.

No you have had 4 decades to influence the direction of the EU by your voting trend, and also by lobbying your MP and MEP.
Irrespective of party, they are all very approachable.
You could even have got involved.....sort of JRM1.1

You are as much an architect of the current EU as anyone else in Europe.

That is absolute nonsense. The first chance we get to say leave in my lifetime...we do. It’s the first proper vote on this issue and clearly people decided enough was enough

The only thing that is affecting thing is the uncertainty created by Remainers. If the deal is fair, let’s vote it through and get on with life

But you were saying that planes wouldn’t fly, we would starve and people wouldn’t get medicines. The fact a deal might get done on the basis of what you have been told must come as a shock to you

I have pointed out the legal and technical difficulties being faced with the calamitous way that Davis and co where handling this. Those facts where acknowledged by both our Government, the EU and business.
I even posted the links to the official documents produced by both our Government and the EU detailing the very issues you mock. I guess you didn’t bother to read them.

If the deal is as it was explained to me, I can live with that. The UK ‘leaves’ but nothing much changes, certainly not the Customs Union and free movement of people.
We then negotiate a way forward free of all the time limiting nonsense we have now.

I suspect that outcome will be more acceptable to me than you.

That is absolute nonsense. The first chance we get to say leave in my lifetime...we do. It’s the first proper vote on this issue and clearly people decided enough was enough

Touch of the George Bushism’s with you this morning Toms. Not happy with what’s happening?

I have pointed out the legal and technical difficulties being faced with the calamitous way that Davis and co where handling this. Those facts where acknowledged by both our Government, the EU and business.
I even posted the links to the official documents produced by both our Government and the EU detailing the very issues you mock. I guess you didn’t bother to read them.

If the deal is as it was explained to me, I can live with that. The UK ‘leaves’ but nothing much changes, certainly not the Customs Union and free movement of people.
We then negotiate a way forward free of all the time limiting nonsense we have now.

I suspect that outcome will be more acceptable to me than you.

As long as we can do deals independently , only be obliged to pay regard to the ecj and can control who we allow in on the basis of economic need, I can live with that

As long as we can do deals independently , only be obliged to pay regard to the ecj and can control who we allow in on the basis of economic need, I can live with that
Then you won't be able to live with what Feco suggests is the only deal on offer.

Touch of the George Bushism’s with you this morning Toms. Not happy with what’s happening?

Don’t know what you mean...rather sounds like you are scurrying around nervously that your worst fears won’t be realised. Business should trump politics. Your legal technical points were raised to spread fear and designed to suggest that there is no way round. It will not be long before the people’s vote and rabid remainers are revealed to be a busted flush

Why not create a prospectus for a No Deal Brexit (whatever that is)?
Then we can put it up against remaining and the PMs negotiated deal and you can campaign for it. We can have second choice so as not to split the leave vote.

If the PMs plan goes through and you don't like it, then by definition you didn't know what you were voting for. And, no, I'm not calling you thick, nobody did.