Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup | Page 5 | Vital Football

Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup

Aurier had a good game but got injured . Gazza will grow in confidence, second goal was a deflection, nothing he could do. Winks more minutes , Lamela another goal, Dele will be chuffed as captain, Wanyama good work out. Moura and Davies games to forget. It was entertaining anyway.

I actually think that’s the first time I’ve seen us win ashoot out

Aurier had a good game but got injured . Gazza will grow in confidence, second goal was a deflection, nothing he could do. Winks more minutes , Lamela another goal, Dele will be chuffed as captain, Wanyama good work out. Moura and Davies games to forget. It was entertaining anyway.
I like your positive spin NRD!

Yeah, happy we won but another game showing the signs of heading in the wrong direction.

We play as if teams like Watford should fear us. It's been a while now since Spurs had anything to fear and I don't blame any Premiership team to be in our faces. We've stopped defending as a team and we're definitely not breaking teams down anymore.

Agree with NRD's positives. Chuffed for Dele to head back and get the plaudits. Good to see Winks contribution for the 2nd goal. Passing forward at pace is rare at the moment for Spurs. Even funnier to see it was Dembele on the end of it and with the assist. Good stuff.

Poch needs to have a long, hard think about Davies. The guy is either left wing or centre half and rarely at left back. It's way too easy on his side when he's too far tucked in. Looking a very poor LB at the moment.

Anyway, great night for Gazza !!!

That was a good team goal for our second. Nice bit of MF work from Winks and good to see Dembo get an assist and get high up the pitch, then a calm finish from Erik.

Phew! Close call. Asks more questions than answers.
Well done Gazza, Winks, Serge Dele and Erik.
Loss of possession aside, Erik has to be our most improved player atm.
Poch needs to recognize this and reward him with more game time, whilst his confidence is high.

Just seen that pass from Lamela to Alli for the pen. With his goal and pen conversion quite a night. He seems to be in line for Mom although Serge must be in with a shout. Donkey award goes to Davies who even scored from his arse off Capoue. Turned his back on the shot, not good. Gazza no chance. He had some game too.

Been in Spain for the last two weeks . Sounds like it was a holiday game tonight as well . Don't think I've missed much since I went away . Was the game on to tv ?sounds like a lot to look forward to watching

I'm still recovering from the after party.

For the Spurs lads who went, well done, thought we'd take more.

As for the rest, not a game for those with a heart condition - I think just about everything else has been said..

Happy with the win, but Poch has to get his thinking cap on.

Pleased for Lamela and Winks - both will need a bit more time, but both could play a big part in our season.

As 80 said, we won!!