Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup | Page 6 | Vital Football

Spurs v Watford Carabao Cup

He is but it continues to be sporadic, one of my issues with him is whether he is good enough to have a sustained impact.

Richmond - you've nailed it for about 80% of our squad right now. It's easier to list the few players who are having a sustained impact.

Winning breeds confidence I suppose and in Lamela's position there is at least competition for places. I'm hoping he can carry the burden for these next few weeks as Son gets a reduced role whilst recovering from his busy summer.

Also, interesting night for N'Koudou. 17 of our 25 man squad were included in the match day squad plus Alfie Whiteman as goalkeeper cover. We had 7 of our regular 18 man match day squad rested or injured.

That left N'Koudou as the only senior player not included. Just seems totally pointless that he's not out on loan pending his eventual departure. This happened to him as well last season.

KWP must also be feeling like a spare part.

We ain't playing well but I suppose the positive is you'd think they will pick up again soon and luckily some of the fringe players (or players you wouldn't have expected to last season) seem to have upped their game...Lamela, Moura, Aurier, Gazzaniga. When the likes of Eriksen, Dele, Son and Harry start performing surely the performances and results will improve.

I see Barca got beat last night against Leganes, gives us a bit of hope next week lol

Its amazing how much Ioath Capoue he really has it in for us. There are actually life long Gooners (Think Ian Wright ) that hate us less than he appears to. Goodvn8ght for Gazza but god do we need a good young keeper.

Capoue was an interesting one. Didn't we have Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Stambouli, Mason and Bentaleb all at the club around the same time? From what I remember, it was Mason and Bentaleb that were first choice for a while and then Dembele got his act together. Bentaleb suffered the injuries and seem to fall out with Poch whilst Paulinho would have been disappointed he didn't give a better account of himself in the Prem. There's a great player in there somewhere.

As for Capoue, he can be bitter towards Spurs but he needs to look at his career objectively. As an U21 in France he looked amazing, but 10 years later the club performances and international caps tally don't really lie. In fact Sissoko's stats are better and look at how he gets treated by us fans.

My guess is that Gomez still got the nice treatment last night from our fans. He always found a way to maintain that relationship with the fans even though he was ostracised by Harry.

Despite my own underwhelming attitude towards this cup the players perhaps have a different opinion. They have tweeted positivity on the win and progress to the next round. Dele was honoured and proud to have the armband and expressed a desire to be a leader.

So maybe the players and Poch are respecting this cup and going for it.

Watford are showing this season they are no mugs. Looking at their managers words today they felt they had a real chance of doing something positive in the cup and progressing.

Spurs are trying to shape up and hopefully a few extra option will start to open up for Poch in the next few weeks when the likes of winks and wanyama can prove to the boss they are fully ready for full games.

I don’t hide the fact I believe lamela is capable of things the rest of our team can’t do. Even when he is off the boil his enthusiasm still should rub off on others. Long may it continue lad. I for one am overjoyed he is starting to show what he is about

We ain't playing well but I suppose the positive is you'd think they will pick up again soon and luckily some of the fringe players (or players you wouldn't have expected to last season) seem to have upped their game...Lamela, Moura, Aurier, Gazzaniga. When the likes of Eriksen, Dele, Son and Harry start performing surely the performances and results will improve.

I see Barca got beat last night against Leganes, gives us a bit of hope next week lol

This 100%. Our role players have stepped up to hold this shite together for a bit. Our top players need to get onboard and get going, then we can start doing some damage.

Losing possession will happen...I am more worried about our leaky defense. We did not close down worth a shit and over committed when we did. Very poor team defense.

I think Sanchez tend to be turned too easily as always Poch should advise him not to keep touch tight to forwards

Losing possession will happen...I am more worried about our leaky defense. We did not close down worth a shit and over committed when we did. Very poor team defense.

There’s losing the ball, then there’s losing the ball doing something daft as Lamela did. Why is he playing such high-risk football in our half of the pitch, when we’re winning the game with a few minutes to go. We've had a leaky defence since the start of the season so why invite unnecessary pressure. Team defence starts by adopting good game management which Lamela didn't do.

There’s losing the ball, then there’s losing the ball doing something daft as Lamela did. Why is he playing such high-risk football in our half of the pitch, when we’re winning the game with a few minutes to go. We've had a leaky defence since the start of the season so why invite unnecessary pressure. Team defence starts by adopting good game management which Lamela didn't do.

It was a daft thing to do and I hope he was hauled over the coals for it. Luckily no harm done and we move on not making the same mistake again please. !!

Despite my own underwhelming attitude towards this cup the players perhaps have a different opinion. They have tweeted positivity on the win and progress to the next round. Dele was honoured and proud to have the armband and expressed a desire to be a leader.

So maybe the players and Poch are respecting this cup and going for it.
So they should respect this cup, even the special one does, because he knows that even if you win the lowliest cup going, that is the basis of a winning mentality, so yes we need to go all out for this one just as much as any other cup because it will be a great springboard for us to start from.
We keep losing out on the cups and we will never even win the prem, we'll end up like the arse did, just aiming for top four every season rather than winning cups.

Yes....Well done Gazza.
You were the one telling me he wasn't good enough and that we an't tell what he is like as he only played against Palace and one game isn't enough when I said he should replace Worm a while back.
As I said he is a good 'keeper and will only get better.
3 games 3 wins 3 MOTM and a solid looking defence instead of one that is all over the place when worm played running around like headless chickens and panicking.
Better that Lloris in certain departments like distribution, footwork and penalty saves.
He is now our second choice 'keeper, maybe to be our fist choice 'keeper in thee or four years and a future Argentina 'keeper for sure.

Just seen that pass from Lamela to Alli for the pen. With his goal and pen conversion quite a night. He seems to be in line for Mom although Serge must be in with a shout. Donkey award goes to Davies who even scored from his arse off Capoue. Turned his back on the shot, not good. Gazza no chance. He had some game too.
I also loved the air shot from their player, can't remember who it was, but my reaction was a mixture of relief and almost wetting myself.
Yes I was annoyed when Davies turned his back, to me the sign of a bad defender as he is scared of the ball hitting him.
I know it hurts for a short while, but that is his job to lay himself on the line, he gets paid enough to do it.
Can you not find a free live stream mate, my usual site was down and it took me just over ten minutes to find another one.
Not sure if it's OK to post free live streams on here nowadays, I know back in the days of Coopsie and Perterball B it was cz a lot of us did it, but things change.
If it is I'll post one up for the next game.

You were the one telling me he wasn't good enough and that we an't tell what he is like as he only played against Palace and one game isn't enough when I said he should replace Worm a while back.
As I said he is a good 'keeper and will only get better.
3 games 3 wins 3 MOTM and a solid looking defence instead of one that is all over the place when worm played running around like headless chickens and panicking.
Better that Lloris in certain departments like distribution, footwork and penalty saves.
He is now our second choice 'keeper, maybe to be our fist choice 'keeper in thee or four years and a future Argentina 'keeper for sure.

I'm really pleased for him and hope he continues to get game time. Just to put some balance on it. He has played twice this season and let in 3 goals against mediocre at best teams. He was saved by the off side flag on one poor attempt which resulted in a goal. Hardly proof he is our new number 2.

Also Vorm had to face Liverpool , Inter and Watford at full strength, not their reserves.

the offside flap is worth pointing out for balance. I don't think he's been at fault for any of the goals he's conceded, not sure I'd say the same for Vorm though.

I'd imagine if Vorm had been playing regularly he'd be at a higher level - he's shown he's a good keeper on numerous occasions, but he's not getting any younger so if Gazzaniga can take his place on merit I'm all for it. Then sign/promote a young English keeper for 3rd choice ffs, having 3 non homegrown is a waste of squad spaces.