FAO Clive,Liam or Ian!!! We are loosing thousands of pounds and driving our fans to DRINK.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

FAO Clive,Liam or Ian!!! We are loosing thousands of pounds and driving our fans to DRINK....

Sadly they cant do real ale in the fan zone(though Wycombe managed it last year and sold out 2 barrels) due to the fact it needs to settle for a day or 2!Thats another reason why the TP bar queues need sorting out quicker so Ale drinkers can get to there tipple inside.

Surely they could sell Real Ale bottles outside though?

Elsewhere.
The Travis Perkins bar is a shambles due to lack of staff( and the fan zone)and is costing us serious money already (6/7 games in)! Mutiplied by the rest of games to come,especially important if we are just concentrating on the league we need to earn more money from our main fans bar.
Fans will not come down early to the ground for drinks(and food) if they are queuing for 20/30 minutes .They may do it once but not several times.There needs to be 4 experienced bar persons on each bar,food needs to be served in another area(suggest the corner opposite blocked off currently storing i presume tables and chairs).Peroni bar outside ,great idea ,needs 3 staff with 2 pouring ,1 taking the money.

Im told no staff due to no students in town well there are people other than them.I suggest on match days paying £1/2 per hour extra and making this known,EVERYWHERE.Use an agency ,job centre etc etc you will attract people with the pay,experienced barstaff who will turn up and be loyal and stay(Do the catering company have contacts for staff?)

This is no criticism of the current staff who are doing an excellent job in very trying circumstances( very personable)in my opinion.

I have 9+ years in experience of this area so i do have some experience ,however if we continue at the current level we will loose thousands of pounds in income streams,Surely its a no brainer????

Here you go, could this make you happy?

or this:

https://www.beerjet.com/en

Im afraid it is and its not half an hour people are there early(to park etc etc).People dont moan much but they go elsewhere down the high street i believe the Eagle is booming on match days/nights.
Eagle has boomed on matchday for several years, I suspect the real problem is the temporary position ie once or at best twice a week. during season and I would have thought most people need something more regular!

redimps1, why don't you just contact the club directly?

Quite agree.

In the meantime, why not try draught beer dispensing back packs, cash or mobile chip n pin for payment. Seen them used at grounds in the Bundesliga, maybe idea for a couple to patrol the fan zone for topping up glasses or plastic pints.

redimps1, why don't you just contact the club directly?
I have contacted Clive,i just thought it was worth a thread for peoples comments/ views as well .Even if one point is taken on board its a bonus for everyone that uses the various bar facilities.

Quite agree.

In the meantime, why not try draught beer dispensing back packs, cash or mobile chip n pin for payment. Seen them used at grounds in the Bundesliga, maybe idea for a couple to patrol the fan zone for topping up glasses or plastic pints.
Recently seen at trent bridge ! Great idea for a couple of people walking round with them!

It doesn't matter whether there's a million or one. They line them up to hasten things.
Not sure if our bars are big enough to have beer lined ! Certainly could do this in the peroni if only one barperson is on! Just needs a few seconds to put gas into it to put the head on it!

Not sure if our bars are big enough to have beer lined ! Certainly could do this in the peroni if only one barperson is on! Just needs a few seconds to put gas into it to put the head on it!
Peroni bar outside!

We don't bother anymore. The staff take far too long to serve drinks.
They should have a dedicated pints queue, serving nothing other than pints. Have maybe one staff pulling them, and one staff operating the till. Quick turn arounds. Then the other queues for the people wanting other drinks. Tough tits if you want a pint and a coke, join the slow queue.