FAO Clive,Liam or Ian!!! We are loosing thousands of pounds and driving our fans to DRINK.... | Vital Football

FAO Clive,Liam or Ian!!! We are loosing thousands of pounds and driving our fans to DRINK....

R

redimps1

Elsewhere.
The Travis Perkins bar is a shambles due to lack of staff( and the fan zone)and is costing us serious money already (6/7 games in)! Mutiplied by the rest of games to come,especially important if we are just concentrating on the league we need to earn more money from our main fans bar.
Fans will not come down early to the ground for drinks(and food) if they are queuing for 20/30 minutes .They may do it once but not several times.There needs to be 4 experienced bar persons on each bar,food needs to be served in another area(suggest the corner opposite blocked off currently storing i presume tables and chairs).Peroni bar outside ,great idea ,needs 3 staff with 2 pouring ,1 taking the money.

Im told no staff due to no students in town well there are people other than them.I suggest on match days paying £1/2 per hour extra and making this known,EVERYWHERE.Use an agency ,job centre etc etc you will attract people with the pay,experienced barstaff who will turn up and be loyal and stay(Do the catering company have contacts for staff?)

This is no criticism of the current staff who are doing an excellent job in very trying circumstances( very personable)in my opinion.

I have 9+ years in experience of this area so i do have some experience ,however if we continue at the current level we will loose thousands of pounds in income streams,Surely its a no brainer????

There's a saturation point of staff, though.

If you've got two tills and 10 staff, you're not likely to get served any quicker than 2 tills and 5 staff. It's not always about the staff numbers, but the 'tools' available to them.

There's a saturation point of staff, though.

If you've got two tills and 10 staff, you're not likely to get served any quicker than 2 tills and 5 staff. It's not always about the staff numbers, but the 'tools' available to them.
Agreed totally and one game last season had 6 or more behind the bars which meant they got in each others way,thats why it should be 4 experienced staff dealing with there little areas in front of them! 2/3 is not enough especially if theres a problem like changing the barrels etc dragging someone away from serving.

It's a good point - I can rarely be bothered to queue pre-match these days. It was quite refreshing to get served reasonably quickly last night due to the lower numbers. Just like old times :grinning:

Oh eck redimps1 your rant will have the grammar police down on you.
Well i apologise to them but this needs sorting and fast in my opinion( i spelt it?)its costing us good income for the club and goodwill of fans.

Is it that bad? I have to say I haven't had too many problems anywhere recently a few teething problems initially but generally not too bad.

Go to any ground in the country and at peak times you have to queue a lot because there are lots of people, you simply cannot employ lots of staff for a 3 or 4 hour shift for half an hour peak time.

You make it sound like it's a shambles but I haven't heard loads of people grumbling, you always get a few moaners but that happens everywhere and some people are never satisfied!

It's a good point - I can rarely be bothered to queue pre-match these days. It was quite refreshing to get served reasonably quickly last night due to the lower numbers. Just like old times :grinning:
But it was still too long at peak time 1 /1+ hrs before kick off .Did you bother with a second drink?

Is it that bad? I have to say I haven't had too many problems anywhere recently a few teething problems initially but generally not too bad.

Go to any ground in the country and at peak times you have to queue a lot because there are lots of people, you simply cannot employ lots of staff for a 3 or 4 hour shift for half an hour peak time.

You make it sound like it's a shambles but I haven't heard loads of people grumbling, you always get a few moaners but that happens everywhere and some people are never satisfied!
Im afraid it is and its not half an hour people are there early(to park etc etc).People dont moan much but they go elsewhere down the high street i believe the Eagle is booming on match days/nights.

I must admit I have now stopped going to the fanzone for this reason, I like my real ale and therefore join the queue inside. However this season the queues have put me off and I am now going elsewhere for my pre pint tipple. The Eagle is very busy but I find the queueing not bad, maybe the answer is to increase the tools so to speak i.e. more tills.

Im afraid it is and its not half an hour people are there early(to park etc etc).People dont moan much but they go elsewhere down the high street i believe the Eagle is booming on match days/nights.

Maybe I am just lucky then. Always going to be queues as the crowds are now so much bigger. I don't think I have waited to be served anywhere more than 5 or 10 minutes which is no worse the The Ritz when it's packed out. So it doesn't bother me tbh!

I think someone needs to send a ‘till’ salesperson to Sincil Bank asap. They still have the one till in Legends too...

Are tills like REALLY expensive? I’ll check ?

I think someone needs to send a ‘till’ salesperson to Sincil Bank asap. They still have the one till in Legends too...

I think you can loan them ( cant remember on that matter)

I must admit I have now stopped going to the fanzone for this reason, I like my real ale and therefore join the queue inside. However this season the queues have put me off and I am now going elsewhere for my pre pint tipple. The Eagle is very busy but I find the queueing not bad, maybe the answer is to increase the tools so to speak i.e. more tills.
Sadly they cant do real ale in the fan zone(though Wycombe managed it last year and sold out 2 barrels) due to the fact it needs to settle for a day or 2!Thats another reason why the TP bar queues need sorting out quicker so Ale drinkers can get to there tipple inside.

Nick, the lounge now has two tills. So no problems with queuing.