Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm

Yes there is an air of inevitability about the outcome now. Just depends how ruthless the owners actually are , but I don't think they can afford to wait.

Will it be ruthless though? I would say sensible. Looking at the facts it certainly makes business sense aswell.

I think they'll give him enough time to play his new England international Striker and his 25m winger for a few games.
Then when Bolasie is spending most of the game at Right Back and Abrahams is trying to pull the ball out of the sky and being made to look like a pub player the penny will drop.

Poor Tammy thinks he's coming to play attacking football when in reality he's come to chase long high punts.

Sadly you know I'm right

Honestly Gator the amount of times I've thought that exact same thing, subbing in Villa Park, over the last 8 years or so is getting ridiculous. I love the whole match day experience till the whistle at the start of the game.
I bet if you look back over last season and the start of this season you couldn’t count on one hand where at the final whistle the game was really enjoyable with good football on show. The play off final against Fulham is the classic example for me.

Will it be ruthless though? I would say sensible. Looking at the facts it certainly makes business sense aswell.

Well if they sacked Bruce today you could say that it looks silly having bought him some players that haven't even played yet , so I meant ruthless in the sense that it would show they have no faith in him to get the team to click.

Been here before when the fans have turned though , and it only ends in one way.

Honestly Gator the amount of times I've thought that exact same thing, subbing in Villa Park, over the last 8 years or so is getting ridiculous. I love the whole match day experience till the whistle at the start of the game.
That's exactly what me and my mate were saying on the train going down that our away days together are great until the football fucks it up.

It will end. And so it should

But I maintain that it will not be anytime soon. By that I mean it will be in next month to 6 weeks. He will be given the opportunity to play all the players that they have allowed him to sign . Otherwise I would be questioning the new owners judgement. What way is it to run a football club by sanctioning a manager to get in players he wants only to sack him before those players even play.

I may even put Balti pies on it.

Well if they sacked Bruce today you could say that it looks silly having bought him some players that haven't even played yet , so I meant ruthless in the sense that it would show they have no faith in him to get the team to click.

Been here before when the fans have turned though , and it only ends in one way.
Well he said none of the players on Tuesday were good enough and that included 7 of his signings so hardly a ringing endorsement

Wasn't there talk about a new system whereby a central team decided on players so that seamless transitions in management could be achieved?

It will end. And so it should

But I maintain that it will not be anytime soon. By that I mean it will be in next month to 6 weeks. He will be given the opportunity to play all the players that they have allowed him to sign . Otherwise I would be questioning the new owners judgement. What way is it to run a football club by sanctioning a manager to get in players he wants only to sack him before those players even play.

I may even put Balti pies on it.

It was only McGinn that Bruce wined and dined??

Surely any manager worth his salt nowadays could manage any set of players especially in the championship. Also as Bruce keeps piping, 5 of ‘his’ players left after the play off debacle.

I think people are tending to forget there's only been two purchases of players, Orjan Nyland and John McGinn.
The rest are loan players.
So the actual outlay has been pretty minimal.

It was only McGinn that Bruce wined and dined??

Surely any manager worth his salt nowadays could manage any set of players especially in the championship. Also as Bruce keeps piping, 5 of ‘his’ players left after the play off debacle.

I have no idea who was wined or dined and nor have any of us.

And I don't disagree that managers should be able to work with any players.
But fact remains the owners have up until the day before yesterday be consistently backing Bruce to get players in.
Why would they do that if they had any inkling of sacking him in the immediate aftermath (and by that I mean next week or so) of yesterday.

Unless the owners have got the players in , in readiness for another manager MD.

That would be an extraordinary thing to do though. I genuinely cannot see that. If all these players were coming in without Bruce wanting them he would have not stood for that and walked. As much as it's probably a hindrance for him he is old school and would stand for that going in in my humble

Surely you cannot run a club like that anyway. Buying players for a manager yet you haven't got a clue who that manager is ?.

It has to be done now. If we wait until after the break we would require a caretaker to take over for a while and we don't have anyone who could do that.
Otherwise it's a case of wait until the next break which will be too late.

They had Calderwood lined up for that role when he joined from memory

Our first 10 games this season are as good as you could have hoped for to give us a strong start and settle into the top 3, watching pre season and 3 at the back then starting the season differently. Blackburn, Rotherham and sheff we'd next 3 games, get the new manager in now.

That would be an extraordinary thing to do though. I genuinely cannot see that. If all these players were coming in without Bruce wanting them he would have not stood for that and walked. As much as it's probably a hindrance for him he is old school and would stand for that going in in my humble

Surely you cannot run a club like that anyway. Buying players for a manager yet you haven't got a clue who that manager is ?.

I don't know what to think I really don't.

Like you say it would be pretty senseless to sack Bruce now, but on the other hand we keep having performances like the one yesterday ,and if that carries on then we can kiss goodbye to promotion.

I keep saying it , this league is there for the taking and we have the squad to do it.