Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Crash hats on then.

If we don't win this, will Bruce survive the international break? Or are we at defcon "Mass Hysteria" already and just need to chill - there really is nothing to worry about?

Thoughts, folks?

Last nights result bears no relation to what will happen Saturday as we will make at least 9 changes.

Worried about the knocks that Super Jack and Super John have though.

I have no idea.

But I am concerned that a fan might get stuck in a seat celebrating a goal . Those dirty northern seats are treacherous

In many ways , the season starts Saturday. Feels like it's been a dress rehearsal so far but now we are into September and proper business begins.
Please no jedi at CB, get Whelan back at DCM. Albert needs a rest. Hourihane in for Barney.

Unless we play like we did in the 1st hour vs Brentford Sheffield will eat us alive and I'll be angrily listening to Bruce taking about moving the ball quicker at about 5:30 again.

I've got a lot of time for Chris Wilder and the way he sets his teams up. Successful wherever he's been. Saw a few games during his promotion season at Northampton three or four seasons ago. High intensity, high press, looking for quick incisive passing in the final third. He's now managing (having played for) his boyhood team.
Be a challenge for us for sure.

Which Villa will turn up? If we play as we did against Brentford for 70 mins, we might knick it. The midfield need to dominate and the defence will need to play well for us to get anything out of it.

This is why I don't bother with the prediction thread because who knows what Aston Villa will turn up.

Therefore I have no idea of the result, team selection, tactics or anything which is alarmingly wrong?

Team will be -

Nyland
Elmo
Chester
Jedinak
Hutton
Bolasie
Whelan
McGinn
Grealish
El-Ghazi
Kodjia

That is pretty much our best 11 now going forward, although I think a blind man in a thick fog can see Jedi is the weak link.

I thought last season's game there was one of our hardest of the season , so it's a very difficult fixture.

If we come away with a draw or a win I will be over the moon.

I've got a lot of time for Chris Wilder and the way he sets his teams up. Successful wherever he's been. Saw a few games during his promotion season at Northampton three or four seasons ago. High intensity, high press, looking for quick incisive passing in the final third. He's now managing (having played for) his boyhood team.
Be a challenge for us for sure.

Which Villa will turn up? If we play as we did against Brentford for 70 mins, we might knick it. The midfield need to dominate and the defence will need to play well for us to get anything out of it.

Wilder has achieved far more in management than Dean Smith but never gets a mention for some reason.

Team will be -

Nyland
Elmo
Chester
Jedinak
Hutton
Bolasie
Whelan
McGinn
Grealish
El-Ghazi
Kodjia

That is pretty much our best 11 now going forward, although I think a blind man in a thick fog can see Jedi is the weak link.

Come on Deano, we all know Tuanzebe will be at rightback, with Elmo in midfield along with Hourihane and RHM as the forward. I think you've forgotten that McGinn, Grealish and Kodjia are injured.

Away from home, hard game, made for Bruceball - keep it tight and try to nick a winner as we did at Boro last season around Xmas. Can't see us getting more than a draw.

Seems ridiculous to say it and I hate to but this is must win. Not because it will decide our fate this season but because we need to start setting the tone for the season.

Had we won any of the last 3 games then there would not be the ridiculous pressure on this game so early.

If we go into the break for the internationals having played 6, won 3, drew 3 then it would be a decent start. Could have been better should have been better but decent and unbeaten in the league.
Lose or draw and a failure to win in 4 games against Ipswich, Brentford, reading and Sheff United is extremely piss poor regardless of new signings bedding in ..blah...blah....
Not interested, don't want excuses. Get this sorted Bruce. The teams in the top 2 have a new manager who has been there 5 mins and one who has been there since last December. What is your excuse after 2 seasons?.
Correct there isn't one. Tired of waiting for us to 'click...kick on.....gel.....blah ..blah. ...
Now or never in my humble.

Bruce seemed to think they will be ok for Saturday. I guess we will know more tomorrow when Bruce does the press conference.