Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa, Sat 1st September @ 3pm

Just back from the pub after drinking several pints of Holden's Golden Glow. The world looks a more mellow place but I still can't get the image of our piecemeal, jigsaw defence out of my mind. They go to pieces in the box and we're in for more days like today if it isn't sorted.

Just watched goals on l phone. Who’s the team in claret shirts.
Chsnge the jerseys before it’s too late like last time when we went down to div 3
The leagues should now be called library’s. When you want a player just go in and borrow one , then take him bsck and get another one.

How can you build a team like this

Ah thanks for informing me of that. Since about January 2017 in your opinion? I see you don't pass comment with regard to the other point in my post regarding most fans, "lovers or haters", not wanting to see the bloke get dogs abuse if he remains. No surprise there!
You know what - you can pick and choose what you respond to and so can I. Additionally, please acknowledge that football would be somewhat dull without opinions.
Your comment 'no surprise there' is indeed no surprise.

I have not been a fan of his since day 1 actually, I think you will find I was never in favour of his appointment.

Finally, please show me where I have ever advocated 'wanting to see the bloke get dogs abuse if he remains'. What sort of person would ever abuse a dog anyway?

Last edited:
Strange comment of Bruce's:
"When we play at a club like ours, we are the club that people want to beat. They have come here today to turn us over. "
Didn't he realise we were playing away?

Reckon the excuse that he had to play 5 unfit players because at Burton the alternatives showed they were no good is one of the worst I've come across.

You know what - you can pick and choose what you respond to and so can I. Additionally, please acknowledge that football would be somewhat dull without opinions.
Your comment 'no surprise there' is indeed no surprise.

I have not been a fan of his since day 1 actually, I think you will find I was never in favour of his appointment.

Finally, please show me where I have ever advocated 'wanting to see the bloke get dogs abuse if he remains'. What sort of person would ever abuse a dog anyway?

Don't think I have advocated that you have.....and as for "please acknowledge that football would be somewhat dull without opinions"....can you show me where I have ever advocated that you can't? It's all about opinions.....I just happen to disagree with most of yours and vice versa. Ok?

I’ve just watched the highlights and have to say the 3rd goal was a calamity, the 4th goal was created from an initial poor throw out. His job is to save shots on goal so don’t think he can be praised for saving “certain goals”, his saves were only what you would expect a professional goal keeper to make.

Agree the defence looks all over the place

think he can't quite get out of the way of some of 'saves' tbh, but then if you read his favourable reports tend to be along the lines of 'done well, apart from the goal'

27 yr old ex German 2nd Div, mostly friendlies for Norway - can't say it's surprising

plenty other problems though

Sat and watched Swansea for the last 20 mins at center parks Nottingham, what a fantastic display with 10 men, well done Graham Potter.

That is what I do not get Silhill Bruce by trade a CB yet persisted with the Jedinak experiment just makes no sense. Even though not a Bruce fan do not want the guy to suffer dogs abuse he has had a tough year personally and did turn the club around. Rather he went quietly than suffer an unforgiving Villa Park embarrassment.
Completely agree, alas he'll never go of his own accord as the pay off is too big so I can only see it getting worse. We've seen this scenario too many times now. He looks a broken man in his interviews.

Don't think I have advocated that you have.....and as for "please acknowledge that football would be somewhat dull without opinions"....can you show me where I have ever advocated that you can't? It's all about opinions.....I just happen to disagree with most of yours and vice versa. Ok?
I rest my case. Good bye

Well had a great day yesterday until entering Bramall Lane then the day turned into total embarrassment that was as poor as it could possibly get. Sorry Steve nice bloke and all that and I do think he has had a raw deal of some fans who can't get over his stint at Blues but it's time to go the away fans have turned and when that happens your history just hope we have planned for the inevitable.