Your Feelings/Views Ahead Of The New Season? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your Feelings/Views Ahead Of The New Season?

I think the division is tougher this year and it won’t be the walkover some have predicted, especially with the run of fixtures we have to start.

I’d be happy with top 7 and I really hope our support don’t start getting delusions of grandeur, and sticks behind the team when we have an inevitable rough patch.

I think the division is tougher this year and it won’t be the walkover some have predicted, especially with the run of fixtures we have to start.

I’d be happy with top 7 and I really hope our support don’t start getting delusions of grandeur, and sticks behind the team when we have an inevitable rough patch.
Life as an imp supporter is a permanent rough patch. Let's enjoy some optimism before reality kicks in again. 50 years of sadness and delusion come 10th August. Keep the faith UTI

49 for me - hope my 50th is in League 1 :wahey:. I've been getting this strange, unusual feeling of excitement and optimism, increasing as the recruitment has gone on. It is an alien feeling for me and I really believe this is our year. I believe DC is targetting promotion as the next step in his agenda of achievement. Be very interesting to see his approach to the cups this year as I don't believe he will allow them to undermine his league priority by disrupting his squad rotation & fitness. If he can achieve success using the non-1st team (if there is such a thing this year) then fair enough, but not the priority. Just praying all our hopes and expectations don't come crashing down in the first few games ☹️

Seconded. This season is akin to the difficult third album in Music terms. So far we've had Definitely Maybe and What's the Story Morning Glory. We need to avoid the rather disappointing Be Here Now...which according to many music experts killed off Britpop. Even it's composer and chief architect Noel Gallagher called it "F***ing Sh*t.'

It had huge hype and massive pre ordered sales...but it had the highest sales of an album to second hand shops.

This season will see massive expectation pitched against other teams wanting to do their utmost to hammer us.

It promises to be a truly fascinating season.

As soon as the Cowley’s came in I had faith we were finally going forwards. We went up and FA Cup and trophy runs. 2nd season thought play offs would be good. We got them and a Checkatrade win.

This season I think automatics. League looks weaker to me as other teams don’t seem to be well balanced. Weaker in more places than stronger. Whereas we look great. (Hoping 2/3 more players before September)

Auto’s and couple of wins in cups? I’m so excited we may be league 1 for 1st time in my life (tbf, only 21 years) next season.

48th season for me!(though i had 4years off watching in the wilderness non league times).

It will be interesting to look at this thread in a few months. I think we peaked last season and am predicing 10th.

Obviously I have to predict 12th - 14th.

I have a slightly uneasy feeling about this season.

Anything less than top 7 will be secretly disappointing though I'm still happy just being back in the league. Grimsby will set the bottom half of the table alight with their silky Brazil type football, and their delusional support will turn on Jolly well before Christmas.

Nor mine. Apparently.
Mine does.

I reckon we'll be in contention, the Cowley's have been given a decent budget by all accounts and they seem to have spent it wisely. One thing they are good at is getting everyone including board, staff, players & supporters all pulling the same way, I expect us to be difficult to beat but with more fire power this season.

I wonder how the cowleys will handle the transition from gritty underdogs that over achieve, to being one of the favourites. Will the signings prove to be half as good as they look on paper. And, looking at the squad size of the other contenders, I really hope we aren’t trying to prove a point with a squad of 20. A decent start will crank up the expectation - even more )) uti

Obviously I have to predict 12th - 14th.

I have a slightly uneasy feeling about this season.

Me too. I've seen decent recruitment come to nothing in the past. I still think we should be comfortably top half/ chance of the play offs though.

I agree, and for me it is 47 seasons and counting.

What do you think, Impalex?

Thanks for asking. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever felt so confident going into a new season and that's over a period of 55 years.

I remember back in 1975 seeing a headline in The Sun (my dad used to buy it!) in an article about the forthcoming season, the title of which was "Lincoln on the Up and Up" - my God, how right that proved to be!

Top three would be most welcome; another title even moreso!

I think I am more pessimistic than most.

A lot depends on Akinde, need to see a better Akinde than we have in pre season. Also think we need one of Freck or O’Connor to find their best form of I worry about our midfield.

Andrade excites me a lot however.

Think it will be similar to last season, but we will challenge for Autos if Akinde gets going.