Your Feelings/Views Ahead Of The New Season? | Vital Football

Your Feelings/Views Ahead Of The New Season?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Right, the other threads didn't merge properly, so here we go!

How do you feel ahead of the new season? What are you expecting this season? Playoffs? Automatic Promotion?

Well as previously stated elsewhere im nervous and excited and im not sure i should be at 56! Im pretty sure i wont sleep much tonight either.
Hopes for a top 3 finish and fears for the poffs , loosing to fgr and grimesby regaining there rightfull place above us!????

This league looks tight to me .As stated I fancy The Cods to get back on track .The promoted and relegated teams are generally looking strong. Will there be a run away leader ? Its all looking tighter that a crabs backside at 50 fathoms . However I feel we have a better squad than last term and personally I am hoping for a play off spot or a little more. There you go, I've just jinxed the season!

Difficult not to be optimistic these days and that's something I never thought I'd say about a Lincoln season. I'm sticking with my official prediction of 2nd.

Difficult not to be optimistic these days and that's something I never thought I'd say about a Lincoln season. I'm sticking with my official prediction of 2nd.

I'd happily accept that, Sy. Most happily.

Excited, nervous and cautiously optimistic. What a squad we have this time round and I can feel the anticipation building. This might be our year, Imps!!

Top three it is, with a real chance of silverware and the title....

I think if we keep our players fit anything other than top 3 will be disappointing.
I think you've got it right there. We have more experienced older players now, some with history of recent problems. The C's are good with managing fitness but we might see more squad rotation, within the limits of a smallish pool and especially in cups, than some expect. Between 4th and 7th for me.

After the play-offs, despite the Eardley extension I wondered if we'd hit a (short term) ceiling and the coming season would be 'consolidation' (ie going nowhere) as the Cowleys settled into their highest level so far, the opposition sussed their methods. Some of last season's squad moved on (Elliott, for ever Wembley, and Ollie, for ever the supersub) and it felt like some of the club's heart went with them.

Then the new signings started to arrive. All turned left, all upgrades. As has been clear here and elsewhere, no-one has a clue how this will develop as a line-up. The Cowleys do, I think this season we're going to discover just how good these guys are, all before has just been the hors d'oeuvre.

I now think we're going to smash this. (Reality check - previous optimism - the magnificent 7, etc - lasts to Xmas in a good year, end of September in a bad) .

Can't cope with confidence!! We'll probably lose tomorrow (as in 75-76 and 87-88)

There's not been a time in my lifetime when I've been more confident or optimistic about our chances. There is a lot of expectation this year.

When the Cowleys were appointed, I think most were cautiously optimistic. At the start of that season I wasn't thinking we'd end up as champions.

Last season panned out pretty much as most predicted, a good season flirting with the playoffs, but I think the general consensus was that that would be considered a success.

As with the majority of us, I've suffered enough disappointment over the years to temper any sign of optimism. This year the feeling is completely different. As Bart says, anything less than top 3 will be a disappointment.

I just bloody hope this optimism persists, we deliver on the potential and it doesn't all come crashing down. I can't wait for tomorrow

OK, so I work in sales, but there isn't a single reason that we cannot smash our way out of the bottom tier and into League One. I have never been so positive as my wife was that our third child (Oscar) would be a girl, but what did she know, she isn't a Lincoln fan and anyway she had a girl in the end, but enough of that, we will win the title by a country mile and be fending off suitors for half the squad, the management and the team that put together the training ground by March. Sorry to sit on the fence, but there it is - I believe and it will all start with a mauling of Northampton tomorrow.