Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager | Page 11 | Vital Football

Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager

Two-thirds plus of people writing on social media, are against Theirry Henry becoming manager of Villa because he is inexperienced.
Every manager in the game ever, has started off as inexperienced. Some fail, while some who have the right backing make successes of the job. I'd like to know why people assume that Theirry Henry wouldn't get the right backing from our owners.

I don't think people's issue's are what support Henry would get.

If you read back through the thread then the nature of the reservations will become clear.

This is starting to remind me if when ole gunnar solskjaer nearly took the villa job just before we appointed lambert. Slightly different as he was actually a manager at the time but lots of speculation and sightings and a giant thread on here with people arguing for and against and it never materialised. I vaguely remember someone reporting on what was supposedly learners private jet bring sent to Norway to pick Solskjaer up.

IF it's true it appears to be on a par with Newcastle bringing in Ruud Gullit. Resigned after a year with Newcastle second from bottom. I think the risk is way too great.

I don't think people's issue's are what support Henry would get.

If you read back through the thread then the nature of the reservations will become clear.

I know what the reservations are sirdennis.
It comes down to experience, or lack of it.
Well OK, stay with Bruce and when he leaves bring in Allardyce and then Pardew.
Just don't complain about the old slow style of football you get to watch every game.
I think this new ownership are better than that, I don't think they'll be satisfied hearing the moans from the stands every game of boring.

. I'd like to know why people assume that Theirry Henry wouldn't get the right backing from our owners.

I think it's just what we have all been led to believe in terms of FFP.

At the moment as far as we're all aware our hands are tied and whoever the manager is can't go out spending money.

If we can get round FFP then great.... yet it's only 2 weeks until the transfer window closes, so how much business could he get done in that time? Could he make the squad his own? Doubtful.

Until we're told that FFP isn't an issue then I think we are right to assume Henry wouldn't get much financial backing.

IF it's true it appears to be on a par with Newcastle bringing in Ruud Gullit. Resigned after a year with Newcastle second from bottom. I think the risk is way too great.

Hadn't he already been manager of Chelsea by then? And won the FA cup to boot? He failed at Newcastle because he tried to take on Sheared, only one winner there.

I know what the reservations are sirdennis.
It comes down to experience, or lack of it.
Well OK, stay with Bruce and when he leaves bring in Allardyce and then Pardew.
Just don't complain about the old slow style of football you get to watch every game.
I think this new ownership are better than that, I don't think they'll be satisfied hearing the moans from the stands every game of boring.

Clearly there are more options than a famous name with essentially zero experience
(arse U16s and watching belgium a few times) or Allardyce or Pardew
although if Henry is appointed I'd give it til mid Sept til 'tactically naive' starts to appear and then by Xmas it'll be we'll need an Allardyce or Warnock to sort us out.

I guess some people don't think we should be the plaything for famous ex footballers to have a pop at being manager.
Each to their own

I was so bored of Mr Bruce last year, I would have taken anyone else to shake things up, but 2 weeks before the season and end of xfer window- if we sack him now Id be very concerned about these new owners.

Let alone appointing a rookie to navigate a titanic.

I wish they'd just bloody announce either Henry coming in or Bruce staying. I'm almost past the point of caring who now. Just end the sodding suspense.

I was so bored of Mr Bruce last year, I would have taken anyone else to shake things up, but 2 weeks before the season and end of xfer window- if we sack him now Id be very concerned about these new owners.

Let alone appointing a rookie to navigate a titanic.
Maybe if a rookie was navigating the Titanic,it wouldn't have sunk lol

The list of failed "great/good" players as managers is endless and in our position is is a risk , as with everything YES. It smack of "Brand" etc which might not be a bad thing and to a certain extent is a RDM dejavu in my eyes>

Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Bryan Robson, Ruud Gullit, Frank De Boer, Steve McMahon, Gianfranco Zola, Gus Poyet, are a few names of those who have tried with not much success

I think it's just what we have all been led to believe in terms of FFP.

At the moment as far as we're all aware our hands are tied and whoever the manager is can't go out spending money.

If we can get round FFP then great.... yet it's only 2 weeks until the transfer window closes, so how much business could he get done in that time? Could he make the squad his own? Doubtful.

Until we're told that FFP isn't an issue then I think we are right to assume Henry wouldn't get much financial backing.

Oh Deano, why assume that the only backing a manager can get, especially an inexperienced one, is financial.
And, as you point out, with FFP restricting any dealings we can do, it would be the same for any manager, experienced or not.
Personally I'd prefer for no deals to be finalised this window and instead concentrate on deals to be done either in the winter window, or next summer.

Clearly there are more options than a famous name with essentially zero experience
(arse U16s and watching belgium a few times) or Allardyce or Pardew
although if Henry is appointed I'd give it til mid Sept til 'tactically naive' starts to appear and then by Xmas it'll be we'll need an Allardyce or Warnock to sort us out.

I guess some people don't think we should be the plaything for famous ex footballers to have a pop at being manager.
Each to their own
What would you say if Wenger or Houllier were brought in as manager consultant.

Maybe they feel there is nothing to announce and it's just carry on as usual.
After all it's the press who have started the story

Yep, all these rumours emanated from one bit of the gutter press, the Star. Click-bait. The rest of the media haven't found a single thing to back it up.

I'd be extremely surprised if Steve isn't in the dugout tonight.

I always feel a bit sorry for Frank De Boer. Spends 6 years building a reputation at Ajax then after 14 games at the the basket case that is Inter and 4 games at Palace his career is basically over and he's suddenly used as the prime example of a useless manager.