Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager | Page 12 | Vital Football

Thierry Henry has agreed to become Aston Villa manager

Hadn't he already been manager of Chelsea by then? And won the FA cup to boot? He failed at Newcastle because he tried to take on Sheared, only one winner there.
Don't you come on here dazzling me with your facts.

Bugger I'd forgotten that! But you get my drift. ?

Mum I'm hungry. Where's my Balti pie?

tenor.gif

If our new owners can find a way round FFP and Henry had some money to spend i wouldn't be against him being our manager.

But as mike as nearly lost his sanity telling us we will have to comply with FFP and if you strip 40 odd mil of assets from that squad and it will be the players we dont want to lose i dont think i would like to put a manager with no experience in charge of that squad.

If our new owners can find a way round FFP and Henry had some money to spend i wouldn't be against him being our manager.

But as mike as nearly lost his sanity telling us we will have to comply with FFP and if you strip 40 odd mil of assets from that squad and it will be the players we dont want to lose i dont think i would like to put a manager with no experience in charge of that squad.

Wait, can't we just say no to FFP and pay the fine? I thought that's what Mike said was the best way to do it, you know cuz Milan got away with breaching it and all. :sorry:

OK, over to you Brucie, I suggest you start we'll and we play some descent football otherwise mid table after 10 games of your snore inducing football and your gone.

I think it's very nice of Henry to agree to be the Villa manager, Dwight York has also agreed apparently......again. So has Steve Bruce and as he's currently in the position an has the current support of the board, the whole subject is a bit moot really.

I was strongly against appointing Henry. Sorry but have to say to all in the pro-henry manager camp, ‘I told you so’

I was very pro Henry and I am shocked at how out of his depth he looks as a manager. It's early days but he looks like an imposter in the dug out. I also get the feeling he doesn't much care. I imagine when he gets the boot from Monaco he is going to net himself a very nice payday indeed. This is one of the reasons why I struggle to care about managers these days it's almost as if they take a job knowing they'll be there for a year or two and sit in for a pay off.

Everybody knows how good he was as a footballer, and it's obvious he knows a lot about the game. It's not enough. As a manager you need a presence on the dressing room and on the touchline. It' needs a good blend of personality and character. Saw no sign that he had it; add to that lack of managerial experience and I was hugely worried about him becoming our manager.

He may of course come good. People can develop in the role. But he needs the right experience in the right place for it to happen; Monaco probably isn't it, and we certainly weren't.