The player who left thread | Page 78 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I hope mourihno comes in for him as 30m to them is nothing. Start of the season the financial hole is plugged and we have new owners.

lets hope where ever he ends up we will see him get better and better and not a bench warmer spuds do seen to play there youngsters and i think jack harry and ally would be a force and id like to see him in the next england squad and at spuds it could happen , where ever he goes i will enjoy following him because he is villa till he dies . he is a 15-20 million player but we also need to put a value on the time and money we have put in to him since he was 6 years old 30 million would be a fair price to pay and include add ons

Don't get me wrong wal, I wish him all the best and hope that he goes on to have a long and distinguished career. But like Sir Brian and Sid before him, that career should be at Aston Villa. I find the fact that it won't one of the most depressing things about our decline over the last 7 or 8 years.

Jack Grealish should be playing for an Aston Villa team challenging for honours in the Premier League. Unfortunately I have come to believe that those days may have gone for ever, as far as my experience as a fan is concerned.

I for one will most definitely not enjoying watching him develop at another club wal. It will be like watching a girl you really cared for fuck off with a smarter, wealthier and better looking bloke and living the life that you had hoped for.:shake::shake:

I sound like a broken record but jesuz chtist, talk about over exaggeration or what !.

Grealish is, at the moment, a good championship player, that with the breaks and hard work could be a good premier league player - potentially (the key word).

But irreplaceable ?, the best player in decades ?. What ?

So better than McGrath, better than Yorke, better than Cowans, ir Little , or Platt or Merson or Staunton or Laursen or etc.... etc.......

I mean, come on, get a bloody grip !!!

Yes, as said above, its bloody galling that due to mismanagement we have to sell him (and others) but irreplaceable ?.

Put it this way, he is no David Platt. David Platt was probably THE best midfielder we have had probably ever. He left us when we stayed up on the last day. He went on to captain Arsenal to the Double, and England. He was streets ahead of Grealish both in cteativity and end product. We nearly went down, he went, we replaced him with Garry Parker , a journey man from Leicester.

We nearly won the league.

Irreplaceable - get a grip ! (I think some of you need to go on You Tube coz you have obviously forgot how good we, and the players we had, used to be !

Last edited:
Ok we know your views on Grealish , Holtelower , but who would you replace him with ?

When making you choice , please bear in mind our financial situation and the fact that we look like we can only deal in loans and out of contract players.

The rumour is that spuds have offered £15m but we will accept £20m.

Stoke have apparently upped their bid for Chester to £8m.

I sound like a broken record but jesuz chtist, talk about over exaggeration or what !.

Grealish is, at the moment, a good championship player, that with the breaks and hard work could be a good premier league player - potentially (the key word).

So better than McGrath, better than Yorke, better than Cowans, ir Little , or Platt or Merson or Staunton or etc.... etc.......

Yes, as said above, its bloody galling that due to mismanagement we have to sell him (and others) but irreplaceable ?.

Put it this way, he is no David Platt. David Platt was probably THE best midfielder we have had probably ever. He left us when we stayed up on the last day. He went on to captain Arsenal to the Double, and England. He was streets ahead of Grealish both in cteativity and end product. We nearly went down, he went, we replaced him with Garry Parker , a journey man from Leicester.

Irreplaceable - get a grip !

Have you bought your shirt yet? Villa needs it's fans more than ever.

Jack Grealish is the best prospect to come through our academy since
Sir Brian and Sid, head and shoulders above what we have in terms of ability. That is the point being made.

Jack grealish is worth more than the lad who has gone to Leicester from Norwich for 20m+. When David platt was sold we bought in dalian Atkinson, Steve Staunton, Kevin Richardson, Paul mortimer and so on, it rebuilt the team. In todays mental market grealish at his age with his talent is easily 30m, let's hope we get it because without him to sell now we would go bust. Good luck to the kid whever he ends up.

Jack grealish is worth more than the lad who has gone to Leicester from Norwich for 20m+. When David platt was sold we bought in dalian Atkinson, Steve Staunton, Kevin Richardson, Paul mortimer and so on, it rebuilt the team. In todays mental market grealish at his age with his talent is easily 30m, let's hope we get it because without him to sell now we would go bust. Good luck to the kid whever he ends up.

Presumably Leicester no longer in the running for Jack then. When desperation sets in, £15 m to Spurs on deadline day then :slap:

So better than McGrath, better than Yorke, better than Cowans, ir Little , or Platt or Merson or Staunton or Laursen or etc.... etc.......

Irreplaceable - get a grip ! (I think some of you need to go on You Tube coz you have obviously forgot how good we, and the players we had, used to be !

There is truth to this. He was not that good in the premier league and has only ever looked good at Championship level plus he was out for around half the season last year and we still made the play offs.

This is why I am not hysterical about losing him and would much rather sell him if it enables us to keep 4 or 5 others. Grealish is above the level we are at right now and has quality yes, but if we start losing the nucleus of the squad we have to be replaced by the likes of Marney then that will do far more damage than losing Grealish.