Sterling | Vital Football

Sterling

Ha ha ha ha, I just had a rant at the telly too. He does everything right apart from the final ball or shot, it's infuriating.

He just doesn't look like anything is natural and he has to think about everything he does, and his first touch is dogshit. The one time he did show a good first touch his composure and decision making were toilet.

What is it now, no goals in 35 odd England games, for an attacking player, jeez.

Hope I've just ensured he'll ram my above words down my throat second half, but I doubt it somehow.

Very frustrating to watch Sterling play but it`s true, he does unsettle the opposition and darting in and out creates chances. If, and it seems an increasingly bigger if, he can find his shooting boots, he`ll add an extra goal per game, directly or indirectly, to England`s attack. Southgate is doing an excellent job at present, he wants Sterling in, difficult to argue his selection at this time.

Couldn't score in a brothel. I do feel sorry for him, he gets in the right places and does some exiting runs but no end product.

I'll be bold and predict he finally gets a goal in the semi.

Couldn't score in a brothel. I do feel sorry for him, he gets in the right places and does some exiting runs but no end product.

I'll be bold and predict he finally gets a goal in the semi.
I think Southgate is doing an excellent job of just keeping a settled team. Each game they are getting more understanding. Sterling just needs a break he's getting into the right places. A settled team is worth 100% more than a team with new players every game.

I thought he had a good game, but he's no finisher. The fact he got so many goals last season just shows the volume and quality of chances created for him by De Bruyne, Silva and Sane.

A great outlet today but end product not good enough. I’d stick with him as he’s important to the way we play. His goals and assists for Man City prove that HE can do it. To simply write that off as the achievements of others is ridiculous.

For me its not Stirling so much as I like his pace and runs which drags defenders out of position. Its Ashley young I have an issue with ?I'm not sure what he adds to the team you rarely see him take people on he comes inside 99 percent of the time. I think Danny Rose would give so much more and hes a natural left footer and can tackle. Young has lost his pace and looks nervous every time he has the ball and cant wait to get rid of it. That being said good corner though !

He has failed time and time again for England, Rashford must be wondering what he [Sterling] has on Southgate to keep getting picked. He's a one trick pony, pace. Rashford has that and an end product. I agree Southgate is doing a fantastic job but I fear this is the one choice that will cost us at some point.