The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate... | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate...

Sanchez was really good, I felt sorry for him too. But a great result, I would have preferred to see us score in open play but GREAT to see justice done with the pen. 2 weeks late though. Just notice though that 3 Spurs players scored their pens. Trust a scouse to miss their penalty. I DO feel we have made progress though. Roll on Saturday.....

Sanchez was a total pro in a difficult position wanting to win (played brilliantly) whilst not wanting to be part of his nutter team mates trying to injure his club colleagues. It was not his responsibility to control his countrymen's discipline (though he played peace maker constantly) that was his vastly experienced elder statesman captain, only HE had totally shamefully lost the plot. Bit of a shame we didn't man Yerry Mina they are a beast of s unit together.

Leaders on the pitch don't have to be captain's. Players with a conscience will intervene and try to calm things down. It was a group decision to behave like animals and he couldn't go against it for fear of being assassinated. It has happened before to Colombian players. He wants to play for them that's his problem.

Not sure what game you were watching NRD, Sanchez tried to calm things down on numerous occasions. He had no chance, they were all possessed.

There is only one man who should of had control and that was the ref. He could have calmed things down but bottled it.

He was part of a disgraceful team and should be ashamed. He didn't try hard enough. Has he come out and condemned his team ? Said he does not want to be associated with the performance? If so I might change my mind .

I wasn’t sure about Sanchez at first but he’s the biz. Pochettino made a good purchase there. I hope there are more like him to come.

I would like to disassociate myself from the actions of the Colombian team.....would mean quite a lot. His actions were to play well and not get involved in the dark arts.

Sanchez deserved to lose. He is Colombian and did nothing to stop is team behaving like animals.
That's probably the weirdest post you have ever made . It just doesn't make sense . I know you have tried to qualify it but it's just wrong .
He deserved to lose because he wasn't in charge of his team mates crazy emotions ..........Really .
Falcao even blamed the ref after the game for their defeat because the bloke was American and only spoke English and therefore favoured England . These people are deluded to a serious degree and you expect Sanchez to be in charge of all that .

Sanchez knows damn well how the Colombians operate and the methods involved yet chose to be part of it. So he is culpable. They have a bad reputation and he associated himself with it.

I actually thought the ref did a pretty good job of it in a terribly difficult situation. His only real recourse was to start whipping out cards for every offense until they got the message and stopped. He regained a modicum of control for the remainder, and I thought he called a good game.

However, he did have a chance to serve a second yellow late in the match twice (Barrios & Cuadrado I beleive) and chose not to. Down to 10 they'd likely not have scored the equalizer.

Rough spot for the officiating crew.

Great win for England, one that could be a wave-win. Confidence should be high.

He was part of a disgraceful team and should be ashamed. He didn't try hard enough. Has he come out and condemned his team ? Said he does not want to be associated with the performance? If so I might change my mind .

Let it go NRD, you are in the wrong here. Sanchez played well on the losing side and as a Spurs supporter I am happy for him.

As for Colombia in general...I saw Sanchez as maybe the only guy out there for them trying to calm things. And I saw all England Spurs players giving him a hand shake or high five every chance they had.

I actually thought the ref did a pretty good job of it in a terribly difficult situation. His only real recourse was to start whipping out cards for every offense until they got the message and stopped. He regained a modicum of control for the remainder, and I thought he called a good game.

However, he did have a chance to serve a second yellow late in the match twice (Barrios & Cuadrado I beleive) and chose not to. Down to 10 they'd likely not have scored the equalizer.

Rough spot for the officiating crew.

Great win for England, one that could be a wave-win. Confidence should be high.

Agree to an extent...he should have made a statement earlier and set the ground rules.

Head bunt...red...easy call...if he saw it. ( but I argue where was VAR for that to help him out?)

Kane penalty...and the clownshow that was allowed to follow. I seriously was asking myself...why the hell is he not booking more guys for being utterly retarded and unprofessional? He could have saved himself a lot of pain right there by pulling both Captains and warning them that any further delay would result in Yellow...

Davinsons latest tweet from yesterday.... we leave today forever proud to be Colombian.

No shame, no remorse.

I am not wearing Spurs blinkers on this. Yes he played well. But he has included himself in the WE to be proud of his Country.

The key words WE that encompasses him with the animals and PROUD, proud after that disgusting behaviour.

He is just playing the survival game...he does not want to be assassinated by one of his countrymen....precidents have been set for this in the past as we all know.

Words mean jack. His actions proved he is a class act.

Spot on the idea he supposed to go the press and condemn his own, in a country where the kill players for mistakes. He'd be signing his loved ones death warrants. What I Saw him do is congratulate Eric Dier and apologies after all the histrionics. Also Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson ain't winning any fair play awards. There wasn't a massive body of English condemning ours.