The 2018 World Cup | Page 18 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

Sterling is in the box seat as ‘Scapegoat of th night’ - rating 4.14 on the BBC ‘rate the player’

Geton their and vote people. Stop this campaign from re-igniting
I ignore these polls. What’s the point? They’re all rags and dippers bigging up their own and annihalating everyone else. Biased and pointless.

Lingard will be untouchable.

I was aghast to hear the BBC studio talking heads say how well Henderson played

We (England ) had no one that could kick it with his left foot, Sterling played in the center when he is clearly played on the right by Pep and comes in ghost-like and is better that way.

Pickford not a fan and used the av it ball too many times.
Tripper excellent
Young
runs like the wind but unable to cross with his left, cannot defend, Delph would have been a better choice.
Walker got done the same as he did against Everton
Stones good game
Maguire played ok and will improve.
Henderson okis
Alli did ok first half but when dead legged he fell away and should have been replaced sooner
Lynne Gard I expected a lot more
Sterling sign the contract you are not worth money on this appearance
Kane did was he does best
Rashnaldo thinks he is Messi or Ronaldo
Loftus-Cheek changed the game for the better
Dier - unfair to comment with his cameo

overall England were far the better team but lacked a player that could kick it with his left foot and apart from corners on the left rarely anything came from the left.
Kane should have had two penalties and justice was served in the end.

We (England ) had no one that could kick it with his left foot, Sterling played in the center when he is clearly played on the right by Pep and comes in ghost-like and is better that way.

Pickford not a fan and used the av it ball too many times.
Tripper excellent
Young
runs like the wind but unable to cross with his left, cannot defend, Delph would have been a better choice.
Walker got done the same as he did against Everton
Stones good game
Maguire played ok and will improve.
Henderson okis
Alli did ok first half but when dead legged he fell away and should have been replaced sooner
Lynne Gard I expected a lot more
Sterling sign the contract you are not worth money on this appearance
Kane did was he does best
Rashnaldo thinks he is Messi or Ronaldo
Loftus-Cheek changed the game for the better
Dier - unfair to comment with his cameo

overall England were far the better team but lacked a player that could kick it with his left foot and apart from corners on the left rarely anything came from the left.
Kane should have had two penalties and justice was served in the end.

Hard to argue with that Buzz, aoart from the opening twenty minutes Lingard, Alli and Sterling were ineffective , like you say Kane did what he does best but general play not great. Rashford was every bit as bad as the trio I mentioned above, brought energy but did the sum total of fuck all with it.

Loftus Cheek did well.

Stones very good.

Trippier easily man of the match.

Fair summing up although I thought Rashford brought a bit more energy - Sterling just seemed a bit lost playing that #10 role, need to get him out right but that's where Trippier and Walker are generally stationed. We don't have a #10 in the squad...

Loftus - Cheek did well too.

Walker - not sure what he was doing re their penalty but as sure as eggs is eggs we should have had a couple. Just think, Kane could have had four goals in this game!

I really don't see what Rashford did KCT? He brought an energy that any sub coming on with 20 minutes to go should bring but he just ran a bit and lost the ball, much the same as what Sterling did.

The Rashnaldo bandwagon is at full speed this morning.

Comments made by Chris Twaddle make me laugh - banging on about it being the “best first half of the tournament so far” ......apart from Sterling of course who he thought was “poor” and then failing to mention the number of chances squandered by Lynne Gard......

......before going on to say how good he thought Rashnaldo was excellent but neglecting to mention he came on when he was fresh and the opposition were tiring.......but produced little of note.

The Rashnaldo bandwagon is at full speed this morning.

Comments made by Chris Twaddle make me laugh - banging on about it being the “best first half of the tournament so far” ......apart from Sterling of course who he thought was “poor” and then failing to mention the number of chances squandered by Lynne Gard......

......before going on to say how good he thought Rashnaldo was excellent but neglecting to mention he came on when he was fresh and the opposition were tiring.......but produced little of note.

Produced absolutely nothing, if someone could point out what he did produce I'd love to hear it, actually sorry he won a corner, that's about it.

Sick to death of Rachel fecking Burden on R5Live this morning bangingin endlessly at every opportunity about how “surely Rashford has to start the next game” :arrghh:

WTF? His international record is unremarkable, he did not set the world on fire in his cameo last night and yet he is suddenly the Great Hope of English Football? FFS

Produced absolutely nothing, if someone could point out what he did produce I'd love to hear it, actually sorry he won a corner, that's about it.
Spot on BD, he came on for Rashnaldo and no-one else, too busy looking good instead of looking for someone to pass to.

It was Loftus-Cheek who livened up the game making the one twos and getting us into a position to win it on more than one occasion

Sick to death of Rachel fecking Burden on R5Live this morning bangingin endlessly at every opportunity about how “surely Rashford has to start the next game” :arrghh:

WTF? His international record is unremarkable, he did not set the world on fire in his cameo last night and yet he is suddenly the Great Hope of English Football? FFS

I would start Loftus-Cheek ahead of Rashnaldo who only did some fancy dribbles up cul-de-sacs, looks good but a dead end. Too tall to be a Messi and rash's center of gravity is somewhere near his gonads.

Walker is right he is not a CB, Cahill is the better defender and the manager has to make that choice between Trippier and Walker, Kieran being the better set play crosser and Walker the better wing back.

Young (whilst being totally biased against this diving cheating one legged footballer) is not as good as Delph and even he is a stand in. You might as well play Trippier on the left he would do no worse.

Sterling is not a center forward, an inside right at best, his best bet is to come on for Rashnaldo, who is probably the better starter and fades quickly.

Lynne gard really did disappoint reminded me of Jeff Whitley who ran all over the park looked good but actually did very little.

A win is a win however, but there will be changes.

A good assessment Buzz.

I cannot beleive how Ashley Plunge has avoided criticism. The comparison with Tripper’s contribution was stark. Apart from the one cross (with his right foot) which Lingard fluffed he added the sum total of zero, constantly checking back inside onto his right foot and the two times he tried to go on the outside of the full back he fouled him.

An example of the bias exuded within the BBC from their correspondent Phil McNulty....

“Jesse Lingard is usually assured in front of goal and can still be relied on, but there is no escaping the brutal truth that Raheem Sterling's England goal record is wretched and must improve soon.”

Excuse me? I am unsure how McNulty can come to this conclusion given that Lingard was the one who missed three opportunities (4 if you count the one that hit the post) to score but DIDN’T. That does not strike me as very reliable.

Last edited: