Summer transfer thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

P'boro play an attacking style of football which always provides a striker with plenty of chances and if reasonable, goals. BA scored plenty for Posh and for us, but he couldn't trap a ball or hold it up. He could only dribble if there was space behind the defender but he could make a yard and get a shot off. Is Marriott like BA. Can he lead a line by himself. The likelihood is we will play one up front most games. I haven't seen him play, so this is a genuine question. Can he trap a ball, hold it up, play it off and run in to space as well as score a goal every four chances?

Is this what you class as humour?

Is it, WELL IS IT, thought not!

There are elderly people on here who totally rely on Aldi; OKD, Apollyon, Woanz, GMoore, Red David, Tommy Robinson, Old Jom, Dangerous Dan, Sangria Red and CP to name but a few.

I would shop there myself if it wasn't for the old arthritis which prevents me from straying further than my local Waitrose.

OKD is far too busy with his business to go snerting at Aldi

I think it may still happen, perhaps in the way Mark describes, but some time will need to pass in this window first. A case of let's see what develops.

Doubt it foowb, he's not in the bloom of youth, possibly looking to safeguard his financial future. Think a lot of us might be thinking the same way in his position, but time will tell, no use to us unless he's fully committed.

Colback wants more money and I CANT SEE kARANKA OFFERING IT AS HE DETESTS PLAYERS PLAYING FOR MONEY

Kodja cost Villa £11M with add could go up to £15M. He scored 19 goals in 36 appearences in 2016/17 but last season managed only 4 appearances due to injury. Villa are in no position to bargain on all players and will need some cash upfront pretty soon. I recon an £8M bid would be serious for them. Who would you rather have? Grabben, Marriot, Hogan, Kodja or are there other on the market?

Kodja cost Villa £11M with add could go up to £15M. He scored 19 goals in 36 appearences in 2016/17 but last season managed only 4 appearances due to injury. Villa are in no position to bargain on all players and will need some cash upfront pretty soon. I recon an £8M bid would be serious for them. Who would you rather have? Grabben, Marriot, Hogan, Kodja or are there other on the market?

We don't yet know what the Villa situation truly is.

Media are assuming that Xia has run out of money. Cash flow problems doesn't necessarily mean that.

I don't see there being the kind of bargain firesale people think.

If we think Kodjia is worth an £8m bid someone else will bid £9m and sooner or later it's full price anyway

West Brom going after Reid according to Sky. Initial £7m offer which I am sure will be rejected.

He wants the same deal out of Newcastle as Murphy ie Newcastle get 2m they give it to him and he signs for his next club for 20k a week

Without that Newcastle gets a fee and he gets a pay cut why the hell would you do that when you can go out on loan for a year get 20k in a years time and a fat signing on fee

Must be a lot of rich people on here to label someone a greedy bastard for refusing to walk away from 2m of contracted earnings

Think u got this all wrong. Most people don't see the difference between £10k per week and £40k. It's the difference between retiring in a £2m house and a £20m house.

It does sound like a greedy bastard.

Much more respect for.those players who care about playing more than money. Even a 10 year career in L1 on say £3k per week is way more than the average. Not saying footballers should earn a McWage but let's not start apologising for what is pure greed.

Well if my 28 year old son was arrogant enough to think he could walk away from £1m and that money wasn't better served being invested in his children and his grandchildren I'd severely kick his arse

He'll play the same amount of football next year for 2m or 1m I just don't get why he's a greedy bastard for sticking to his contract and going out on loan

Well if my 28 year old son was arrogant enough to think he could walk away from £1m and that money wasn't better served being invested in his children and his grandchildren I'd severely kick his arse

He'll play the same amount of football next year for 2m or 1m I just don't get why he's a greedy bastard for sticking to his contract and going out on loan

Tbf it was a more general comment in general. But y would anyone take him on loan For 40k per week. He won't be saying as much football in Geordie u-23 team.

It's not arrogant to say no to money btw it might be many things but not arrogance I think.

you have to take in to account that his career will finish at 30+ and thus he will be on the same merry-go-round as the rest of us except he will be starting from zero whilst we have had 10+ years in what ever career he takes up. That is why most of the biggish earners invest in a business or in property. The money he is earning now has to be divided by 40 years. Not such a greedy B now?