Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 21 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

What is our management team playing at ? They so much wanted Raggett at the club and now have never played him and it looks like he will go on loan and then be released . Yet more waste of money and it seems to me that players are not being assessed properly before they are purchased . Maybe someone isn’t doing their job properly

Reports still around of us trying to sign Paddy McNair from Sunderland. Brighton are thought to be leading the way with a 2 million off rejected but now have put in another offer of 3.7 million. I have no idea why we would be wanting him.

Played 16 games last season and scored a decent 5 from midfield but another who has had injury issues and only really recovered from a cruciate knee ligament injury in October - same thing Morris, Maddison (no as bad), Jarvis and I think Tettey have had.

The report says that we can't afford the 5 million that Sunderland want but Brighton, Derby and Stoke can. The guy can play as a midfielder but is a central defender.

If this is to come out of the Maddison money (when it comes) then I would say that is 5 million going on a position we don't need to improve.

Another Bellamy (in mental terms).

I see that Rotherham are wanting to take Raggett and Godfrey on loan this coming season. Raggett I can see DF letting him go but no way will Godfrey spend another season away on loan. Peterborough also thought to be interested in Raggett.

Unless we sign another CB (and none leave) then Raggett might be seen as no4. in the pecking order for a team that plays 3

What Glen Middleton has had to say doesn’t sound too pleasant . There are ways of treating employees whether or not they are any good . Seems someone hasn’t learnt their lesson from the ways Hucks was treated all those years ago.

However if the club wishes to act like they do I hope they will equally dish out the dirt to Rusty Marking , Naishit and Sicknote Jarvis

But Huckerby had earnt respect and almost single handly got us promoted in the 2003-04 season. He "destroyed" opponents and even had the South Stand (during the seating era) on their feet cheering him on.

Middleton has done nothing.

Re McNair.

I suspect we want two players competing for one spot to play alongside a ball winner (Trybull, Thompson, Godfrey). Of those two,
Tettey is one and its one from Reed (if we can sign him) or another player hence the reported interest in McNair. However given that a Premiership club is in the chase I think our chances (if real) of signing him are zilch!

Last edited:
As mentioned before I can see Thompson given a loan to build up fitness until January.

Klose not in Swiss world cup squad so he will not be in the window.

No surprise but McGovern has been put on the transfer market. Probably be sold cheap. We got him for nothing so any money will be good. Will be a complete new set of GKs.

Fulham now in the hunt for Fulham. Am I right in thinking that we can't do any business until we sell Maddison?

I still think Leicester will be his choice but Fulham a nice club and lovely area.

...According to Mr Mashitter Leicester are getting the deal done and are working hard to get the best deal they can....

Apparently we have signed (agreed last January) Emiliano Buendía £1.5m has been mentioned. Anyone think it is strange that every player we are linked with so are Swansea and Leeds?

On another note Maddison has set up a coaching business in Coventry so maybe the move to Leicester is getting closer?

Maddison is very good and needs to move to premier league but can any player really get excited about a move to Leicester !

some reports saying 25 million others saying just over 20 million.

Southampton now interested too.

Don't think it's a surprise a host of clubs are now "interested" in him - I'd imagine its us putting this out there to drive his price up

Just by coincidence done some googling and Danny Pacheco is also at Getafe with Buendia
Remember him ? Let’s get him back !