GET YOUR PENCILS OUT – PLAY-OFF DATES CONFIRMED | Page 5 | Vital Football

GET YOUR PENCILS OUT – PLAY-OFF DATES CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have misunderstood that OS announcement with regards the home leg of the semi.

it says keep your cards to use for entry (and ensure you keep your seat), but you DO have to pay for it.

Yes. They did change the wording of it yesterday.

Saturday's statement implied that it was going to be like a normal league game.

Ahh right.

With regards our opponents it seems most on here have convinced themselves it will be Boro, but I'm not so sure.

There is only 3 goals separating them goal wise (Derby with more goals scored), so all it takes is Boro to lose by 1 goal and Derby to win by 2 and they switch places.

Given Derby are at home and Boro away it could easily happen.

Would have been a great gesture by the club to include the home leg of the play offs as a league game, ie last home game of the season.

I do think its shocking to charge current season ticket holders to watch it.

I hope MOST wait until the first leg before confirming.....

Whilst Derby are at home I think they have the tougher game , Barnsley are fighting for their lives
Boro go to Ipswich who have the buckets and spades out now

Would have been a great gesture by the club to include the home leg of the play offs as a league game, ie last home game of the season.

I do think its shocking to charge current season ticket holders to watch it.

I hope MOST wait until the first leg before confirming.....

We can't do anything re discounts /offers unless the opposition club agrees col8.

Not going to know who we play until next Sunday , so we will have to see what transpires.

We also don't get to keep the Sky money - the EFL regulations suggest that the net money generated by all Play-off games is aggregated and split 50% between the 4 participating teams and 50% to the "Pool Account", which presumably is shared out amongst all member teams.....the regulations also go on to stipulate what costs the home team can charge against the gross money generated, ie no more than £200 for providing floodlights....

Love the way they’ve reworded that article quickly on the official site, knew it wouldn’t free anyway. Aren’t gonna miss that payday are they

Love the way they’ve reworded that article quickly on the official site, knew it wouldn’t free anyway. Aren’t gonna miss that payday are they

It's not correct to suggest that the club are being greedy - they are restricted by EFL regulations that do not permit tickets to be given away or sold below full normal matchday price unless the opposition agrees (the original announcement was either badly worded or the club weren't appraised of the regulations). Plus, in any event they aren't directly missing out on a payday as the same regulations dictate that the total Play-off proceeds are shared between all four participating clubs and with 50% of such to the other league member clubs.....

So we earn the play off spot, have the bigger stadium etc. and have to share our proceeds of a decent season with those who haven’t had such a good season, smaller ground and less fans attending? Sounds fair ?

Planned my holidays perfect. Go away just after the final and come back the day the World Cup starts. Complete coincidence (as I keep telling the wife).

After such a smug comment I'm now a little worried. We have to have the Saturday play off ..... Friday is my wedding anniversary and if I try to get out of that ... well, a Tammy Wynette song springs to mind.

So Saturday tea time up north and then Tuesday night beneath the floodlights in B6. I like it, bring it on .

Status
Not open for further replies.