New Forum & Front Tomorrow | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Forum & Front Tomorrow

Whilst I'm OK with the forum, I can't see how you login to the front page. Every article I look at wants Name, Email and Comment.

Neither can I. I'll check. Probably won't know until tomorrow.

The ads will help this site survive.

HAs anyone found a "new threads" button on the Desktop UI? It's on the mobile one.

No issue with there being ads now they're not stopping the site working. Just an issue with them loading more slowly than the rest of the page causing you to accidentally tap them before they've loaded.

Whilst I'm OK with the forum, I can't see how you login to the front page. Every article I look at wants Name, Email and Comment.
Here is the current situation direct from Fear muttley:

People will have to put in their username and email to leave a comment. Hoping we can import the current user / passwords but so far the techies have failed in that.

Will find out re desktop new posts.

Really like the fact you can drag an drop visuals right into the post! :thumbup:

Just like to say thank you for your support regarding the new forum. This will evolve over the next few weeks. It is a much better product on mobile but we will also tweak things on desktop.

Issues with logging in, usernames (noted the above Pollo!) and usability please email support@vitalfootball.co.uk

The Villa site is being used as the lead site to see where we can take the new forums.

Regards

Vital Football Admin

Viewing the forum from my mobile browser, I don't see thread pages, and thus can not navigate to the last (and most relevant) page.
Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
Clear and bright, yes looks good to me. I view on my Macbook so don't know about issues with mobiles

I'm pretty sure there is a "New Posts" button on the mobile app that takes you directly to the latest posts.

Seems to work better with Chrome. Explorer struggled for some reason...or maybe it is my stupid work computer.

I didn't know the forum was up and running till this morning , I was just getting an OOPS message when I tried my old Vital Spurs bookmark !

Not sure if I've got this new format set up correctly but when I click on a thread it opens up on page one . The thread on the new stadium has about ninety pages, for example .
I've tried resetting the filters but nothing happens to open it up on the latest "posted on " page .
Am I doing something wrong . Obviously it's only an irritation but I'd like not to have to go clicking on to "last" to show the most relevant page every time

Not sure if I've got this new format set up correctly but when I click on a thread it opens up on page one . The thread on the new stadium has about ninety pages, for example .
I've tried resetting the filters but nothing happens to open it up on the latest "posted on " page .
Am I doing something wrong . Obviously it's only an irritation but I'd like not to have to go clicking on to "last" to show the most relevant page every time
I'm answering my own stupid post , just ignore me me , I know what I'm doing wrong . Had a senior moment :arrghh:

Bliming hell EX put you in charge and the whole joint gets changed.

I suppose that's what happens when you are loaded. :LOL::LOL:

Sorry to bring this thread back up folks...but is anyone else struggling with the site lately?

Granted it could be my shite government computer not liking 'cookies'.