Match Thread: Lincoln City v Colchester United | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Colchester United

I don't think we've played Colchester that many times over the last 40 years or so, we always seemed to be in different divisions.

Thats not my memory, the Imps and the Us have met plenty of times down the years. The only memorable match in my mind was a 0-1 away at Layer Road, if memory serves Gavin Gordon scored. That might be the reason the games don't stick in ones mind.

A quick check tells me that the clubs have met 40 times in the last 40 years - given the Imps were none league for six of those years, that means the clubs have met the majority of the seasons over that period.

If every game this season reaches 7,000, it will be the first time that has happened since 1958-59. It would be only the tenth time in the club's history that has been achieved, the other nine seasons all coming during the post-war football attendance boom (1947-48, 1948-49, 1949-50, 1951-52, 1952-53, 1953-54, 1955-56, 1956-57, 1958-59).

Great stat (y)

What's this about Gainsborough never having been relegated? Was 1912 not a relegation, then?

not a must win... its a 'must at least equal what Mansfield do'. A draw for us and a defeat for them would be better than both winning.

I am undecided about starting Anderson, he's been patchy recently and defences seem to have sussed him out. Hoping for a sharper performance from him today, on his day he's a defender's worst nightmare....

well done to macc. on the selfish side, not a team that are likely to pump in loads of extra cash next year and threaten the top places are they? like, say, tranmere would if they get through the play offs this time ))))