What about the loan players (in)? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What about the loan players (in)?

I think how much we spend on one player will depend on how much pulling power Karanka has with the board. We may be able to top up with loans and cheaper players elsewhere but our current run shows we need to invest properly up front and i would be surprised if Karanka doesn’t get that message across.

True.

I just think that there always a bigger fish than us with more money.

At least two of the promotees this season are non-parachute payment clubs.

That means we have the existing PP clubs (probably minus Sunderland) as well as three new ones to compete with financially next season

In general you are right and a lot will depend on whether we will match other teams bids. If we do then the fact that the player is only in Peterborough may give us an advantage as he may not have to uproot.

I am actually quite positive for next season as I trust Karanka to bring in the right players even if I am not 100% sold on his style of football.

don't want tomlin. He's 30 soon and Cardiff will want a lot of money. Plus he is fat and Cardiff fans say he is lazy. Wouldn't sign Figueiredo either. Dawson is about 40. Colback is crap. Bridcutt is better.

In general you are right and a lot will depend on whether we will match other teams bids. If we do then the fact that the player is only in Peterborough may give us an advantage as he may not have to uproot.

I am actually quite positive for next season as I trust Karanka to bring in the right players even if I am not 100% sold on his style of football.

I don't have a problem with the style. There is nothing wrong with it, it's no different really to before, just with key goalscorers no longer performing.

What worries me is his reputation at Boro. Go behind and effectively the game is lost. I can't be arsed with that again

I don't have a problem with the style. There is nothing wrong with it, it's no different really to before, just with key goalscorers no longer performing.

What worries me is his reputation at Boro. Go behind and effectively the game is lost. I can't be arsed with that again
Me either. A manager needs to know when to go after a game and take a few risks. Hopefully he has learned from his Boro days.

don't want tomlin. He's 30 soon and Cardiff will want a lot of money. Plus he is fat and Cardiff fans say he is lazy. Wouldn't sign Figueiredo either. Dawson is about 40. Colback is crap. Bridcutt is better.
You may need to find another team then fella...

Colback and Pants are the only ones I'd consider, we have bridcutt so maybe better spending the sort of cash they'd want for colback elsewhere. I'd like to see kapino given a few games now if he is decent we can spend that on a fullback or two, quite a few issues to sort out need to play it smart with what cash we have.

Not sure how much Newcastle will want for Colback as he doesn’t figure in their plans and they want him off the wage bill.

It’s more a case of will Colback want to come and will his wage demands be reasonable.

Still not sure what anyone sees in Colback. With Watson, Bridcutt, Geddy Osborne, Yates etc we seem to be pretty well covered in the middle. We desperately need a couple of FBs, two strikers and some creativity.

Colback is the player who seems to knit things together without you necessarily noticing. He also brings a bit of grit to the side. I think you would notice more when he isn’t there.

If we can get him for the right price then we should but we do have other options and there are other parts of the squad that need more work.

Colback is the player who seems to knit things together without you necessarily noticing. He also brings a bit of grit to the side. I think you would notice more when he isn’t there.

If we can get him for the right price then we should but we do have other options and there are other parts of the squad that need more work.

Isn't that the job that Watson and Bridcutt do though? We seem to have lost any ability to create. People have been going on about us signing these two for years. Admittedly Watson is getting on, but Bridcutt is only 28.

Isn't that the job that Watson and Bridcutt do though? We seem to have lost any ability to create. People have been going on about us signing these two for years. Admittedly Watson is getting on, but Bridcutt is only 28.

Watson and Bridcutt are both slightly more forward thinking than Colback in my eyes. Having the three of them and Gueddy gives us options as to how attacking the two deep lying midfielders are depending on the opposition. The question is whether the manager will do this or if he will tend toward the safety first option.

Rangers will be changing manager. Cummings obviously not fancied. Wonder what will happen he obviously doesn't fancy it down here

Huddersfield signed about 12 players in the summer

That was my point, we don’t know what the team will look like next season. Judging by how ruthless we were in January in replacing shirkers or players not deemed good enough, the team may yet get another large facelift this summer.

I will add however, and this is slightly away from the topic, that I’m far from convinced at present that Karanka is a good fit for us and I said as much when we appointed him. I doubt we’ll change managers again in the summer though so we’ll just have to see how he fairs next season.

Bit of a laugh so far when you think that AK has only been here 5 minutes and it's obvious that his main aim was to keep us up. It's vital that he gets a bit of cash in the summer because we won't get a goal scorer without it. And that's apart from fixing up the rest of the side where he'll at least have a bit of a start.
Still think he's the man for the job so long as he gets time and backing.

With what AK achieved in January and the loanees he brought in, I'm confident that he will be just as ruthless with players that he doesn't want and he has shown that he can attract players.

Bit of a laugh so far when you think that AK has only been here 5 minutes and it's obvious that his main aim was to keep us up. It's vital that he gets a bit of cash in the summer because we won't get a goal scorer without it. And that's apart from fixing up the rest of the side where he'll at least have a bit of a start.
Still think he's the man for the job so long as he gets time and backing.

He is & he will.

I have confidence in karanka despite recent form.

he only had a couple of weeks in January. we saw what 1 game v Preston did. he has had a few months now. looking forward to a good summer.