Retained Lists L1 & L2 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Retained Lists L1 & L2

Raggett would be a good replacement for Ehmer.
I think if Clemence had stayed on Ehmer would have been offered another year, but who knows what happens now?

With no manager / head coach at the club i wonder if all transfers in are on hold regardless?

Bonne is definitely leaving, he’s posted on Instagram saying he enjoyed his time at Gills, and all the best for the future etc

Jayden Stockley and Ryan Broom retained by Fleetwood.
Side note: Following a very impressive loan spell at Fleetwood, young Celtic loanee Bosun Lawal has returned to Scotland, but is expected to play EFL football again next season (Loan or transfer). He`s an excellent attacking midfielder and comes from the Watford youth set-up. Possibly too expensive for us, who knows...

Jayden Stockley and Ryan Broom retained by Fleetwood.
Side note: Following a very impressive loan spell at Fleetwood, young Celtic loanee Bosun Lawal has returned to Scotland, but is expected to play EFL football again next season (Loan or transfer). He`s an excellent attacking midfielder and comes from the Watford youth set-up. Possibly too expensive for us, who knows...

Would be a bit daft to send him out to League Two if he’s been very impressive in League One.

Would be a bit daft to send him out to League Two if he’s been very impressive in League One.
Depends, daftness might be a factor, might not. Some might have thought it daft that Wrexham would sign impressive players from higher leagues. I did.

Depends, daftness might be a factor, might not. Some might have thought it daft that Wrexham would sign impressive players from higher leagues. I did.
Difference between signing players from higher leagues on big wages, and sending a player out on loan for development though.

A good season in L1 probably means he's good enough for the top end of the Scottish Prem now anyway

Difference between signing players from higher leagues on big wages, and sending a player out on loan for development though.

A good season in L1 probably means he's good enough for the top end of the Scottish Prem now anyway
Yep, he might even be good enough for the Championship.

Would love to see your examples of young loan players that have excelled at a particular level only to be loaned to a lower level the next season. Suspect history, geography and maths are all screaming ‘NOOOOO’ on this one.

Would love to see your examples of young loan players that have excelled at a particular level only to be loaned to a lower level the next season. Suspect history, geography and maths are all screaming ‘NOOOOO’ on this one.
Na, not nibbling and can`t be bothered with making out a list for you.

The lad i`m talking about played well for Fleetwood who spent a lot of last season at the wrong end of L1 before ending up in L2. If i see a young player who`s done well and I believe would be a good catch for us or anyone else, I`ll say so, cheers. Nothing is impossible in today`s football, money talks and pro players are understandably tempted to go where the money is.

Louie Barry played for MK Dons in League One in 2022 and made 22 appearances before his loan ended.

He then went down a division to Salford (and then Stockport where he was clearly rather good for the level).

It's not common but it can happen.

Louie Barry played for MK Dons in League One in 2022 and made 22 appearances before his loan ended.

He then went down a division to Salford (and then Stockport where he was clearly rather good for the level).

It's not common but it can happen.

He didn’t go down a division after excelling at MK Dons though - one goal in 22 appearances for them.

He didn’t go down a division after excelling at MK Dons though - one goal in 22 appearances for them.

Hate to burst your quick Googlin' but that's lazy conclusion. He was *18* and even a quick bit of research showed he was playing regularly enough for Will Grigg and others to single him out for significant praise. They remarked on how he developed during his loan.

He then went down a league.
It's ok to be wrong, Nibbles. We all are sometimes.

Wycombe`s list is published.
Released: Max Stryjek, Joe Jacobson, D’Mani Mellor, Nathan Shepperd, Jack Wakely, Kane Vincent-Young

Brandon Hanlan remains under contract in 24/25. Haven`t seen his name on a team list in a while.