Retained Lists L1 & L2 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Retained Lists L1 & L2

Abo Eisa released by Grimsby. I only mention this because GITB Matt said he's a player we should look at.

Fankaty Dabo released by FGR. He's the player Troy Deeney slated, possibly costing him his job, but was a star in the making at Coventry only a year or two ago. Something has clearly gone wrong - can someone get him back on track?

Id be keeping an eye on Connor Ogilves situation at Portsmouth.

Left side needs strengthening.

He'd get league one offers but money and location talks.
He`d be a fantastic signing, Mark. Though, having become a stalwart and important player in their team, he`d be (as you imply) very expensive.

I really hope that we are mainly looking up the league ladder rather than down, especially when it comes to forwards. Time is pressing.

The Gallinsons have made it clear they want promotion - they need to cast a pragmatic eye in the direction of those whose L2 promotion aims were met this season. Accordingly, i`m genuinely expecting to see a significant upgrade as far as our attacking players are concerned. Brad & Shannon, with all due respect, simply have to rely heavily on their advisors when considering player upgrades.

The next few weeks will be illuminating and possibly one of the most interesting phases in recent generations. Fun to be a Gills fan - UTG.

Matt Smith has left Salford. Saying he’ll take time to mull over his next step. I for one would love his next step to be into Kent.

Effective player but I'd rather Andrews at this point. More mobile, versatile.

If we could have anyone from Salford though, Elliott Watt would be a brilliant signing. Not shocked he's left - he won't be short of suitors in the north, but he'd be a nice add alongside Coleman in a 3-4-1-2.

Uche Ikpeazu would be a good fit for what we need. Out of contract. Not prolific by any stretch but makes teams plan for him, which creates space.
Again, assume he'll have a lot of suitors in L1/L2.

Uche Ikpeazu would be a good fit for what we need. Out of contract. Not prolific by any stretch but makes teams plan for him, which creates space.
Again, assume he'll have a lot of suitors in L1/L2.

Is he that good despite lack of goals NWBF? What exactly do you see in him?

Just checked wiki and he’s scored 6 goals the last 3 seasons in 68 games! Sounds exactly like all of our recent strikers. Overall career record of 58 goals in 320+ games doesn’t sound like what a team lacking goals actually needs.

And I’m not sure if it’s injuries or being out of favour, but he hasn’t played more than 30 games in any season since 2018. And only twice more than 20.

Is he that good despite lack of goals Joe? What exactly do you see in him?

Just checked wiki and he’s scored 6 goals the last 3 seasons in 68 games! Sounds exactly like all of our recent strikers. Overall career record of 58 goals in 320+ games doesn’t sound like what a team lacking goals actually needs.

And I’m not sure if it’s injuries or being out of favour, but he hasn’t played more than 30 games in any season since 2018. And only twice more than 20.

Injury.

And like I say, he's not prolific. He's a big, powerful player that causes mayhem.

Id be keeping an eye on Connor Ogilves situation at Portsmouth.

Left side needs strengthening.

He'd get league one offers but money and location talks.

Ogilve offered new terms at Pompey. He'll be in the Championship next year.

Raggett released.
Josh Martin I'd be all over if there's interest and he's definitely fit. I watched him when he was at Norwich behind closed doors U21 game. Impressed me a lot but again, JoeScout will know him better than anyone I'd imagine because of the NC connection.