Zakuani gone | Vital Football

Zakuani gone

Calm down everyone. Evans and Zak go way back (in a positive way). My guess is that Zak is sadly permanently crocked. If so, he should get a big insurance payout.

Like to wish Gabriel Zakuani,Bradley Stevenson and Miquel Scarlet well.Gabs certainly will be missed Stevenson like Oldaker has the talent to make it .Hope he finds the right manager to develop that .Not seen much of Scarlet but hope he finds the right club for him.

Like to wish Gabriel Zakuani,Bradley Stevenson and Miquel Scarlet well.Gabs certainly will be missed Stevenson like Oldaker has the talent to make it .Hope he finds the right manager to develop that .Not seen much of Scarlet but hope he finds the right club for him.
How do you know they have the talent to make it? Are they more or as talented then other youngsters in our division? My guess is that they both will play lower tier football.

How do you know they have the talent to make it? Are they more or as talented then other youngsters in our division? My guess is that they both will play lower tier football.
A lot of young players have the talent but don't make it.Luke Rooney was a example of that.Both Oldaker and Stevenson I believe showed that they could potentially produce.

A good professional for the club who really stood out in his first season with us. I hope his injury clears up & he gets another club.

Additionally, this has also opened the door for another one of youngsters, Tucker, to possibly step up to the match day squad and, more likely through lesser games like tomorrow, get some proper game time for us.

Good luck to them both

A good professional for the club who really stood out in his first season with us. I hope his injury clears up & he gets another club.

Additionally, this has also opened the door for another one of youngsters, Tucker, to possibly step up to the match day squad and, more likely through lesser games like tomorrow, get some proper game time for us.

Good luck to them both
I hope you are right about Tucker .But given this O'Connor can also play at centre back in doubt Tucker will get a chance.The rules of the competition stop massive changes and if we are bringing in a new face or two I would be shocked to see Tucker has played on Tuesday night.

I doubt injury is currently a problem for Zakuani as if it was it would be in his interest to stay and have treatment. He would of course lack match fitness which could be a problem for the rest of the season. If he can't find a club quickly his fitness problems will get worse. So I would expect him to have something already well in hand.

He still hasn't been training so who knows.
Either way I wish all 3 the best of luck for whatever/wherever they go/do.

How do you know?

The only person who genuinely knows is Kettners and he hasn't posted yet.

Chris obviously doesn't know but you can fault the logic that it is in the interest of an injured player to remain at the club to get treatment rather than choose to become a free agent.

My worry still is that the club has massively cleared out contracted players and so far mainly replaced them with short term loanees. If we are flying in January the loans may be called back to parent clubs. If we are struggling then SE might be off and we will have a major rebuild all over again but in a small transfer window.
I know big risks sometimes bring big rewards but as I type we have an hour left to complete (hopefully) 2 or 3 quality replacement signings.

My worry still is that the club has massively cleared out contracted players and so far mainly replaced them with short term loanees. If we are flying in January the loans may be called back to parent clubs. If we are struggling then SE might be off and we will have a major rebuild all over again but in a small transfer window.
I know big risks sometimes bring big rewards but as I type we have an hour left to complete (hopefully) 2 or 3 quality replacement signings.
I mentioned this when I referenced Tony Mowbray and all the loan players he got in at Coventry. Hopefully, some of the loanees will decide that they're not going to get regular football at their parent clubs and join us, eg Egan [Sunderland] and Ehmer [QPR].

Sad to see Zak go, i thoroughly enjoyed watching him play and i feel that his skill in breaking up attacking plays often went without sufficient praise. Maybe, as pointed out already, an injury situation has led to his departure and, if so, let`s hope that the future works out well for him. If injury has nothing to do with his departure then i`m a bit puzzled and disappointed - he`s an inspirational captain and leader and, IMO, a better central defender than some who will continue to wear the shirt. Good luck Zak, class act.