Zach Clough | Vital Football

Zach Clough

£3m to a league 1/2 player in 3 years is some going.

When they say sell in January, I hope they mean give away otherwise I doubt it will be us. There are so many free players or clubs wanting to shed cost - we shouldnt need to have any transfer fee out!

Hi Bristol
I wondered if we could agree to do a straight swap, as Johnson has done well with us & probably Forest might think Clough might do also, which would then benefit both clubs.
But myself I don't know alot about him.

He was one of those who came onto the scene at a very early age and looked like a real prospect. Played top level for Bolton as a teenager and scored a decent amount of goals. 3 million sale to Forest just hasn't worked and he's fallen off the radar. Personally I think his contract will be cancelled and I'd prefer to keep Johnson for the duration of the season.

No relation to Brian and Nigel

Hi Bristol
I wondered if we could agree to do a straight swap, as Johnson has done well with us & probably Forest might think Clough might do also, which would then benefit both clubs.
But myself I don't know alot about him.

good plan we can become Forest's repair shop

I was talking to a Mansfield fan who was telling me that Forest would prioritise loanees to them because of Clough connection. The relationship had soured between the two clubs recently but Clough had reached out to them

I was talking to a Mansfield fan who was telling me that Forest would prioritise loanees to them because of Clough connection. The relationship had soured between the two clubs recently but Clough had reached out to them
Must be true then

Zach Clough is a member of the 'Bomb Squad' at Forest, along with Michael Hefele and Gaetan Bong (there may be others), ie. part of the squad but no chance of ever appearing again for the first team. He has played so little football in the last couple of years or so that his signing would be a gamble for any club.

So many fringe players at Forest, it's untrue. And there has already been talk of recalling Johnson, although the team seem to have shown some improvement under Hughton, so they should not need his services yet.