You've Now Been Told.............. | Page 2 | Vital Football

You've Now Been Told..............

orbitalforest - 9/3/2018 21:51

Don't sit on the fence Woanzy :19:

Not really my style duck. I’m sick of wa**ers behaving like wa**ers & blaming people. One of the defence offered on this Fred is that folk work down pit, there hasn’t been anything approaching mining in Notts in 25/30 years. Also people who were at Nursery, Infant school or not even born aren’t responsible for that it’s the c**ts that were alive that voted that are.

Woanz - 9/3/2018 22:18

Not really my style duck. I’m sick of wa**ers behaving like wa**ers & blaming people. One of the defence offered on this Fred is that folk work down pit, there hasn’t been anything approaching mining in Notts in 25/30 years. Also people who were at Nursery, Infant school or not even born aren’t responsible for that it’s the c**ts that were alive that voted that are.

I see your passionate about it bloke.
Politics never interested me at all or anything like that.
The only thing I've ever voted for is what topping to have on a pizza.

orbitalforest - 9/3/2018 22:27

Woanz - 9/3/2018 22:18

I see your passionate about it bloke.
Politics never interested me at all or anything like that.
The only thing I've ever voted for is what topping to have on a pizza.

As long as it’s not pineapple then you’re ok in my book. Syria, privatisation, the strip of land, the Middle East all that stuff is irrelevant when you consider dirty bastards are putting tropical fruit on things...

orbitalforest - 10/3/2018 07:18

Football makes for a better atmosphere better with a little bit of hostility .
I'm not talking about kicking the shit out of each other but we've got to rip the piss out of each other at least.
Sanitise the game too much and it'll spoil what it's all about .

Totally agree. Add a bit of humour and it's even better.

But it's bothering me now because I think I might be a snowflake. My old man worked his head off all his life but he could never afford to own a house, all we ever did was rent. And as a kid most of my friends were in the same boat.
On the other hand I think that life was much simpler and straightforward than it is today and the boundaries much clearer. We didn't seem to have all the BS which occurs today.

I've just received my Forest news letter on the net and notice that not only are the clubs clamping down on the obvious stuff but they don't want any singing prior to the start of the game.

Unbelievable !

:13:

paplane - 9/3/2018 14:50

IMO the derogatory term 'snowflake' is used as a direct response to the contempt that younger generations seem to have these days for the elder generation. In effect it's a lack of respect which is reciprocated.

The youngsters go to Uni to gain a degree in drama or media studies and seem to think that as such they're intellectually superior to a bloke who's worked damn hard all his life in a factory or down the the pit (because he didn't have the life choices that his hard work have given to younger generations).

Lack of respect.

Why do we have to respect old people?

Woanz - 9/3/2018 21:32

theothersuffolkred - 9/3/2018 12:01

The Snowflake Generation are beginning to take over.

Good hopefully they’ll do a better job than the kippers baby boomers generation who watched their parents deal with rationing, Great Depression, war, setting up an NHS & rebuilding a country. They had it so hard being able to buy a house on an unskilled wage or go to uni absolutely free... after all the baby boomers did so well with unions, the housing market, education, immigration, manufacturing, industry, the environment, politics, race relations, infrastructure, privitastions, benefits, house prices again, the health service, cars, laws, the green built and so on & on & on.

These bloody snowflakes will be stopping Saville, Spacey, Rolf & saying radical things like it’s wrong to grope women, post dog shit through Asians letter boxes, point out that Brexit is a terrible mistake & try & respect people for whatever gender, sexuality or race they are the bloody swine.

Also fat old men behaving like children is embarrassing if you can’t slag off the sheep for anything other than that Jeremy Kyle star & the tragedy that unfolded after then you’re a moron & you need to take a long look at yourself.
You go girl!! Click click click

Old Red Fart - 9/3/2018 23:16
My old man worked his head off all his life but he could never afford to own a house, all we ever did was rent. And as a kid most of my friends were in the same boat.
On the other hand I think that life was much simpler and straightforward than it is today and the boundaries much clearer.

We didn't seem to have all the BS which occurs today.

I think you find you did ORF, it's just you wasn't aware of it.

You were fed BS and always have been in order for unconvienient truths not to be told.

Take this historic truth for example, Operation Keelhaul, officially kept secret for 30 years.

Watching the below documentary it leaves little doubt as to why, and for those feint of heart it is faily graphic in parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aON148ZNmSI

Good hopefully they’ll do a better job than the kippers baby boomers generation who watched their parents deal with rationing, Great Depression, war, setting up an NHS & rebuilding a country. They had it so hard being able to buy a house on an unskilled wage or go to uni absolutely free... after all the baby boomers did so well with unions, the housing market, education, immigration, manufacturing, industry, the environment, politics, race relations, infrastructure, privitastions, benefits, house prices again, the health service, cars, laws, the green built and so on & on & on.

These bloody snowflakes will be stopping Saville, Spacey, Rolf & saying radical things like it’s wrong to grope women, post dog shit through Asians letter boxes, point out that Brexit is a terrible mistake & try & respect people for whatever gender, sexuality or race they are the bloody swine.

Also fat old men behaving like children is embarrassing if you can’t slag off the sheep for anything other than that Jeremy Kyle star & the tragedy that unfolded after then you’re a moron & you need to take a long look at yourself.

"Also fat old men behaving like children is embarrassing" I though you were being serious until I read that bit.

Two points: its no more embarrassing than fat children trying to behave like men; and secondly, keep Banger out of this - there's no need for ageist remarks.

Apollyon - 10/3/2018 12:18

I admittedly fall into every bracket

Afternoon snowflake; are you going tomorrow?

I have some high class gossip for you; be in your in box shortly

toodlepip

It's hard not to have some sympathy for the young, they face astronomical house prices that previous generations couldn't have financed, and yet we expect them to be able to. This is set against a backdrop of low wages, lack of work, lack of secure work, shrinking pensions, and mind-blowing amounts of debt accrued if they go through higher ed.

I wish they'd spend less time virtue signalling on twitter and get bloody serious about the major issues that are ruining their future (and society), leaving whole generations of young adults staring at their Batman or My Little Pony wallpaper every morning in their childhood bedroom.

It's all about pulling the ladder up these days, the "I'm alright Jack" mentality. It will all unravel in the end, we are storing up all kinds of problems for society in the future.

If young reds stop hating Derby though, they can all sod.

In the interests of debate snowflake is used because social media tends to put like minded people together. This in turn means people surround themselves by others who agree with them and rarely hear or a contrary view. When they do they complain and demand a ban/boycott/sanction.

Older generations perceive this as weak.

Think people have a problem cos they figure people know the difference between bantz and abuse. Think other people have a problem cos it's clear that some people don't know the difference.

Tbh tho just want 3 pts.

Are we really going to ban stand up if u hate derby? Can we not hate them for the 90mins of the game even?

Getting more philosophical by the moment how can we know what love is if we don't also know hate?

I need a beer

Good god.

I agree with every single word of that

Pope John XXIII - 10/3/2018 23:31

Good god.

I agree with every single word of that
:14: