Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 96 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

A few Norwich fans turning their noses up at Ramseys signing. They'll be begging him to stay by the end of the season.
Norwich should be top 6 in the Championship, so this could turn out to be a terrific loan for AJ.
Deano knows what he’s capable of, and will I believe give him plenty of chances to impress.
This is a great opportunity for him to make up some ground on his brother, fingers crossed he makes the most of it.

Just watched the highlights and whilst we all get carried away by all these young lads being better than everyone elses , Boro seemed well worth the draw and also have some decent kids as do all clubs. We also had Anwar score a 25-yard freekick and set up a tap-it.
We are not unique in any shape or form, all the other u23 sides now are full of talented under 20's. In saying that most of the real top kids are now in 1st team squads or out on loans, I guess that would also be true of most clubs.
Loans keep the lower leagues afloat these days, that a free cast offs

A few Norwich fans turning their noses up at Ramseys signing. They'll be begging him to stay by the end of the season.
In fairness to them, it’s probably hard to be excited about loaning a young kid who’s not played in the 1st team. We’d be just as underwhelmed by it

Would much prefer to see him stay. I thought we were wanting 2 good players for every position, and Kesler's performances seemed to justify him being on our bench and getting some decent game time this season, including the cup games, never mind injury issues. Be nice to know if we have a recall on him, but doesn't sound like it.

Would much prefer to see him stay. I thought we were wanting 2 good players for every position, and Kesler's performances seemed to justify him being on our bench and getting some decent game time this season, including the cup games, never mind injury issues. Be nice to know if we have a recall on him, but doesn't sound like it.

He hasn’t played premier league football, how do you know he is ‘good’ . And when would he get decent game time unless Cash is injured?.

Anyway, just seen K-H has gone on loan. One thing this summer has shown, and the start to the season, is that there is a huge disparity between fans typing away at keyboards saying give this youngster a go, this youngster is ready and what the coaches etc see everyday and decide to do. Which in the main is seeing it’s folly to expect kids with not even any decent championship experience to play a role in trying to qualify for Europe.

Sensible loan for K-H . Not ready for the premier league., Should be for Archer as well tbh as he isn’t ready apart from a minimal role or the 2 cup games we will play. Full season loan out in the championship would be massive for both and same goes for Tim.

There seems to be a clamour every time an 18-year-old has a decent game to get them in the 1st team but we aren't happy finishing 14th. I notice Louie Barry doesn't get a mention now, he was a classic example of a knee-jerk reaction.
O'Hare Bannon Hogg Johnston all went on to have decent Championship careers
Not many make it, the real top talent is hoovered up by the big 6, and we get the best of the rest along with the other 12 PL clubs.
I'd love a team full of local lads who have all come through the academy but I also want us in the PL.

19-year-old Aston Villa Academy graduate Kaine Kesler Hayden has a very good breakthrough year in the 2021/22 campaign. The highly rated youngster spent the first half of the year out on loan with League Two side Swindon Town and after heavily impressing in their FA Cup clash with Manchester City, we pulled him back in January and sent him out for a League One test with MK Dons - where he also impressed.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-in-the-footsteps-of-a-former-arsenal-target/

Not such a great weekend for young Ramsey

Norwich, who dominated possession and had 10 attempts on goal inside the first 25 minutes, struggled to create chances after falling behind until a frantic final 20 minutes which saw Marcelino Nunez crash in a wonderful 30-yard free-kick to make it 2-1 and Aston Villa loanee Aaron Ramsey miss a glorious opportunity to snatch a point.

Ramsey somehow shot over from four yards following an Aarons cross and then had an effort cleared off the line.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62445226

I read today that 97% of Cat1 Academy kids never play a minute of PL football including the so-called big6 kids.

And we are expecting 3 or 4 from a couple of years worth the become PL players