Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 76 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Unlike recent years, our good U18s are in the U23s and our good U23s are out on loan getting experience. Who gives a shit about the results?

Yep. The under 18s would have made up the bulk of the youth cup winning side last year but now they're all either in the first team picture, on loan or in the under 23s. The under 18s now are probably all 15/16 year olds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60210014

Jaden Philogene-Bidace scored the first league goal of his career as Stoke City cruised to a 3-0 victory over 10-man Swansea City.

On-loan Aston Villa starlet Philogene-Bidace marked his 19th birthday by putting Stoke ahead from close range.

England Under-20 international Philogene-Bidace was the game's outstanding player, particularly before the break.

His sparkling footwork took him past Cyrus Christie only for Swansea goalkeeper Andy Fisher to gather his poked effort at goal.

It's brilliant to see our own home grown kids doing so well.

I'd love to get to a point where in the squad we have 1 star and 1 kid for every position.

Next season we could easily have -

Rb. Cash / Kesler
CM. J.Ramsey / A.Ramsey
AM. Buendia / Chuk
AM. Coutinho / JPB
FW. Watkins / Archer

Just need to promote a few more of the young defenders.

I watched the Stoke game last, it was an epic, enthralling game of the highest quality [/end sarcasm].

JPB played well, he was very lively throughout the game, was very composed on the ball and created problems for them with his close control and skill. His weight of passing was also very good and he usually made the right decisions. He could have been a little more ruthless with chances at times in the first half but then obviously he did well to score in the second half. It a scruffy goal, an instinctive finish it wasn’t cleanly hit but he took it first time and it was enough to get it past the keeper.

Towards the end of the game I.e. the final 10-15 minutes he obviously ran out legs and lost the intensity from his game, in the final few minutes he became very sloppy in possession and gave it away a few times but with Stoke running up a cricket score and with a only few minutes left it wasn’t an issue. Part of the learning curve to get up to full speed for the full 90.

Overall I am fairly certain this guy has potential to be much better than the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet who have been regularly in our team in recent seasons. A very skilful player with great ball control and wants to attack and create something at every opportunity. Still raw in some elements but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the PL next season

An odd loan with Steer. He's gone from being on our bench to being on Lutons bench? Maybe because he hasnt had too long to settle in yet? But if thats how the seasons going to pan out what would be the point of it?

It was a typical game from Targett really - he was good defensively but terrible going forward.

I didn't see the whole game, but he did put in two excellent balls to the far post from pretty deep. He wasn't bombing up the wing a lot, but very accurate crosses into the box.