Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

And Billy the Fish? 🤔

200w.gif

I was actually expecting an Alex Scott crack from someone lol

Aaron Ramsey scores again for England U19s
https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Oct/09/England-MU19s-Mexico-report-20211009

He seems ready for senior football, hopefully we can secure a loan for him in the second half of the season.
Just what I said the other day though most of that starting lineup are kids from the "big 6" and Aaron was on the bench, those kids are nowhere near the big 6 first teams but they start for England. So are all of our kids so good they should be in the first-team squad or are we being a bit too optimistic these days. We already have one starting three on the bench for our first team.
I think we need to take a step back and think most of these kids will be lucky to play league one eventually.

I suppose thinking about it, we need a squad of at least 18 at each age group, and for every potential first-teamer there has to be 17 lads to make it possible for that one lad to play in a team. ie there are 17 players just to basically make up the numbers and be moved on at the end of their contracts, cruel as that sounds.

If we just took on the £1m 17-year-olds we nick off other academies we'd not have a team for them to play and train against.

The level of the also-rans is getting higher every year

Under 23s playing the blues today. Blues lining up with 4 first teamers including ex Villa man Jordan Graham and keeper Etheridge who the noses were trying to say was a better signing than Martinez 12 months ago.