Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 144 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Rotherham, soon to be in league 1?
Watched some the Rotherham/Plymouth game earlier and it was pretty woeful. Seb Revan does not look like he's done himself any favours going there on loan - poor.

So anyone who thinks youngsters "need a loan spell" somewhere should be careful what they wish for. A season under a shit coach in a poor team will not help in the slightest.

Watched some the Rotherham/Plymouth game earlier and it was pretty woeful. Seb Revan does not look like he's done himself any favours going there on loan - poor.

So anyone who thinks youngsters "need a loan spell" somewhere should be careful what they wish for. A season under a shit coach in a poor team will not help in the slightest.
They are all experiences that can be used to learn JPA, some good, some bad but playing competitive matches at full pelt with some gorilla trying to mug you off is definitely good for the spirit. That'll learn him 👍

They are all experiences that can be used to learn JPA, some good, some bad but playing competitive matches at full pelt with some gorilla trying to mug you off is definitely good for the spirit. That'll learn him 👍
Fair point, well made. But Revan looked all over the shop at times and that can't be good at this stage in his development?

But if I knew what I was talking about, I might be working in football, rather than drinking red wine and sitting behind my laptop posting on fan forums :ROFLMAO:

Fair point, well made. But Revan looked all over the shop at times and that can't be good at this stage in his development?

But if I knew what I was talking about, I might be working in football, rather than drinking red wine and sitting behind my laptop posting on fan forums :ROFLMAO:
That seems to be the way the worlds going now, so fair play for getting in front of the curve 👍

I think Rotherham as a whole are all over the place to be fair to the young man. He's probably off in the summer I'd imagine. We've recently signed this Sousa lad who is at Plymouth currently and have Ben Chrisine at Blackburn who are potentially higher in the rankings than Revan.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with the LB position in the summer as Unai clearly favours Moreno but he's not come back the same player after his injury. Digne is the best option but I think we'll be trying to move him on because of his giant wages.

Louis Barry back on the bench for Stockport after several months out injured. He was vital for them in the first few months of the season and even broke a goals record for them after scoring in something like 8 consecutive games. Hopefully he can smash in a few more goals in the run in and help them win the league 2 title.

I have noticed our U21s have had a couple of batterings lately by Spurs and Chelsea, I think this indicates that whilst we are dreaming of our kids coming through we are still behind other clubs or at the very least other clubs have players just as good if not better than we have.
All clubs have their best u21s in the first team or out on loan so the kids still at the clubs are a bit of an indication of the strength of what is left.

I have noticed our U21s have had a couple of batterings lately by Spurs and Chelsea, I think this indicates that whilst we are dreaming of our kids coming through we are still behind other clubs or at the very least other clubs have players just as good if not better than we have.
All clubs have their best u21s in the first team or out on loan so the kids still at the clubs are a bit of an indication of the strength of what is left.
Not sure about other clubs but I think our u21s regularly feature a fair few 16-20 year olds so they're playing above their age group but I could be wrong