Your top 6 in order please | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your top 6 in order please

meee93 - 13/8/2016 11:56

MAN ON! - 13/8/2016 11:32

But that contradicts your words, if you say they could be in any order. I just don't get that when predicting the top 6 that some Spurs supporters are negative about our chances after last season.
None of us actually have a clue, so why lack the faith?
Personally, I believe we have as good a chance as any to win it and therefore I have no alternative to putting Spurs on top. As for the rest, I still haven't a clue but I don't give a damn, anyway. ;-)
It's not a contradiction at all. Any of those 6 teams could realistically win it, including us. But if I was to make a prediction on where we will be(as this thread asks..) I would say we won't win it.

Well said meee. Some realism rather than just happy clappy tripe, just for the sake of it.

Today's result isn't due to not being able to kill teams off, it was not turning up with a good enough performance and not being able to scrap a result when we aren't doing well.

meee93 - 13/8/2016 22:48

Today's result isn't due to not being able to kill teams off, it was not turning up with a good enough performance and not being able to scrap a result when we aren't doing well.

------------------------

Yep. Last season we dominated nearly every game, but didn't get enough points, because we struggle to finish teams off. The manager is tactically inept, and the players lack heart

Defensively as a unit we're sound, barring the odd individual mistake it would usually take something pretty special to open us up. That being the case i think our finishing needs to improve because we do create lots of chances, our problem seems to be converting them hence the need for Janssen. I still feel we need to bolster our attack because we lack that killer instinct that'll turn a good side into a great side.

Early days yet. Man city looked poor against sunderland but still found the way to win. We need to do that. Its vital we get points on the board early on and not playing catch up.

Wild Willy - 14/8/2016 08:55

------------------------

Yep. Last season we dominated nearly every game, but didn't get enough points, because we struggle to finish teams off. The manager is tactically inept, and the players lack heart

I would say that now he has options, MP adjusted well against Everton. We should have won that because of MP's actions.

Real Deal. Where is the lack of reality in my post?

I said I believe we have a chance to win the PL but went on to say, I haven't got a clue. Which I haven't.
You can't get more real and honest than that.

I like to be positive about Spurs but it's based on good reasoning. It's not just throwaway nonsense.
When I predicted top 4 last season and having a good go at the title, I was also told that I'm just being happy-clappy. However, I didn't predict that we WOULD win the title.

If the alternative is being doomy-gloomy all the time then I'm perfectly happy to be clappy.

Being positive and/or optimistic doesn't exclude being able to be realistic as well, just as much as negativity is not a definition of reality. In fact, I'd say I'm more realistic than many are on here.

To me, I feel that Spurs have a great chance to win the PL title this season and so I put them at the top in my prediction because of my bias, being a Spurs fan. Nothing really controversial there. I'm just putting my money where my mouth is and not being drippy dippy about it, by saying well it could be any club really but probably not Spurs. That to me is just defeatist and plain miserable.

If I predict Spurs to be top then I genuinely don't care about the order of those that finish in the next 5. Again, nothing controversial there or to read anything in to.

Manure because Ibra always wins the title
Citeh
Chelski
Liverpiss
LeArse because they always finish above us
Spurs

Glad I picked manure before a ball was kicked, since then they've been top and I think they'll stay there.

I picked Manu for title, but my bet would be:
ManU
ManC
Spurs
Chavs
Gooners
Scouse

ManC
ManU
Chelsea
Spurs
ars*nal
Leicester

Klopp is my favorite for the sack this season :10: :17:

that said, predicting before we see settled squads will always make it even trickier than it normally is!

Midway through the season and so hers's my prediction.

Man City
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Arse

WTF was I thinking with West Ham 6th???

Revised predictions at the end of Jan are:

Chelsea
Liverpool
ars*nal
Spurs
City
Unite6

We will,finish 2nd and ars*nal will be playing on Thursdays. The rest can naff off.

Man thinks it can control everything..it cannot ..what we must do is drive tehnology forward nd to reach out into space and find another planet to inhabit so that our species continues when the mega event(s) happens.

We cannot stop such an event, we can maybe limit some of the damage but will that be good enough to help humanity survive on Earth?

If it is a large comet hitting , then probably not if it is a regionalised earthquake yes, if a huge volcanic eruption cuts outt the sunfor years, then no.......

With only a handful of PL games left....

Chelsea
Man City
Spurs
Arse
Liverpool
Everton

Hope i'm wrong :16:

Missed this thread til now. I had Chelsea to win before season started and City to miss top 4 but wavered when City started strongly. Thought Mourinho might have had a more instant impact than he did.

With Kane I'd think we're nailed on 2nd. With his injury I think we should still make top 3 minimum but hoping we still make 2nd.

Think it'll be

Chelsea
Us
City
Utd
ars*nal
Liverpool

Possibly City pipping us.