Your favourite film.... | Vital Football

Your favourite film....

SJP

Vital Squad Member
Inspired by Carlosvendetta's contributions to film reviews, I thought I'd post this tongue in cheek suggestion.

For many of the haters/armchair fans/fair weather Charlies who post here their favourite film has to be Les Miserables .
Consider the similarities between Les Mis and SJP
i) Victor Hugo's French classic was written in 1862 the same year as "
Aw went to Blaydon Races, ‘twas on the ninth of Joon, Eiteen hundred an’ sixty-two, on a summer’s efternoon;
ii) The stage version of Les Mis is played out at SJP
iii) Both are about unrequited love, broken dreams and redemption + the sacrifices we make for love
iv) Both stories make you cry
v) the moaners sound like Susan Boyle singing I dreamed a dream

What's your favourite film and why

You could also post a film title and explain why it would be suitable to be about NUFC.

My choice (nowhere near my favourite film mind) would be 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'. It doesn't need any explaining why.

My favourite film is American History X.
I'm not the most articulate so it's a little difficult to explain why, those here who have seen will hopefully understand. Without spoiling it, it's about a Neo-Nazi (Edward Norton) in America whose little brother is also becoming a Neo-Nazi (Edward Furlong). Maybe the film has a little more meaning to it since my family is Jewish, although to be honest I don't think there's much if any antisemitism in it.

Two of my other favourite film are The Shawshank Redemption and Seven Samurai

Toon_NoMatterWot - 9/8/2013 10:58

You could also post a film title and explain why it would be suitable to be about NUFC.

My choice (nowhere near my favourite film mind) would be 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'. It doesn't need any explaining why.

Hmm, maybe The Godfather? MA= Marlon Brando and Kinnear as Al Pacino maybe. Only this time it will be "Im gonna make him an offer he can refuse"

Return of the Jedi

Our vile fat slug of an owner is in it and gets strangled by a hot chick (she was then) in a gold bikini

Big Fish.

Biting my lip to stay stiff upper lip Welsh come the credits, the lights went up and a pile of blokes around the cinema were in tears.

Likeness to SJP? - a series of fantastical stories which are hard to believe and have little relevance to reality. And the fans never seem to get answers either.

Back to the future

Likeness to SJP - All of the fans would quite happily jump in a DeLorean time machine and go back and prevent the likes of Sourmess, Roeder, Allardyce, Ashley, Liararse, Wise, Kinnear and Pardew coming anywhere near this club

Seabiscuit and I don't even like horses. Book is better then the film mind.

claud_ballz - 9/8/2013 14:23

Shiela does shields

yes it is real anarl.

I can only but imagine the content of that!

I used to have one called 'Whitley Slag'... She was shagging this bloke down at the Haven and then spitting some other blokes spunk at her husband who was filming when they got back indoors.

I still have nightmares now.

Goodness. I have quite a few, too hard to peg one down, I love some of those mentioned including the one I posted about last night. Here's a few that people might like in case they've not seen them before and fancy a good one to watch:

Big Lebowski - possibly my favourite go to movie, always makes me crack up.
Team America world police.
Hot rod
Millers Crossing
Jiro dreams of sushi- this is a documentary about an 85 year old sushi master and his restaurant in the middle of Tokyo with just ten seats. The old guy is retiring and it's about his son taking over making perfect sushi- real insight into Japanese culture and in particular the quest for perfecting their art/profession. Mental level of dedication. It's a set menu that costs 200 quid. I was glued, they spend five years just learning how to perfect the rice. Mental.

Officemonkey - 9/8/2013 15:10

claud_ballz - 9/8/2013 14:23

Shiela does shields

yes it is real anarl.

I can only but imagine the content of that!

I used to have one called 'Whitley Slag'... She was shagging this bloke down at the Haven and then spitting some other blokes spunk at her husband who was filming when they got back indoors.

I still have nightmares now.

At least the 2 of yas managed to eventually iron out your problems, and finally settle down :59: :59: :59: :35: